Tuesday 21 September 2010

I am blessed....

...I am blessed to have married into such a wonderful family!

On Saturday the family were gathered together to celebrate Hanne´s 50th birthday. Kristian was at a go-kart race and Leah was at a church camp, so they were missing from the celebrations! However, Sara, Andrew and I went to the party. Hanne had arranged a "music-café" at her church. There were loads of cakes and snacks and loads of people to enjoy them!!

Sara and her cousin sang a song for Hanne. Sara unfortunately had a really sore throat and had nearly lost her voice, so she struggled through it! It was a lovely song. I heard them practise on Thursday evening and they sounded soooo good. It was a shame Sara was sick on the day. But they did do a good job, even with the sickness!

Signe kept us all entertained with her singing and playing.


Andrew played waiter and kept our cups overflowing with hot chocolate or coffee and our plates overflowing with cake!

I got to spend time with my nieces. They are a wonderful bunch of girls. I love them all!!

The best part was when all the guests went and we were just the family together, clearing up. We did more singing than clearing up!! Those nieces are soooo musical - they can sing and so we enjoyed listening to them and sometimes joining it.

After all the clearing up was done, the cousins all headed out to McDonalds for burgers and we mums and dads headed home to Hanne for soup. It was a really special family time. I sat there in the middle of them all and was thankful for the wonderful family that I had married into. We all get on so well!

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

Sounds brilliant:)

And it's oh so good that you all get on so well, and have so much fun together:)