Saturday 13 November 2010

Home sweet home....

....is where I have been all day long!

After another hectic week I decided to have a free weekend of nothing! I had nothing planned, I had nothing in my calendar, I had nothing in my brain. Nothing was everywhere around me today!! It really was what I needed:-)

Last week was a bit crazy. I had a few meetings at church, a few meetings at school, a visit to Ikea, a visit to the dentist and a whole lot of English homework to help Sara catch up with after her being sick. I got through it all, but I must admit by Friday I was exhausted!! For 3 weeks I had been getting up at 6am on weekdays and 7am at the weekend. I was in need of a lie in. My body just needed to wake up by its self without the aid of an alarm. Well it got to do that today. I slept from about midnight last night until 10am this morning. What luxury! How I appreciated it.

I have been in my PJs all day long. I haven´t even had a shower or brushed my teeth!! (I know, disgusting!! but I have had a blast!) Now I feel ready to face the world again. I have re-newed strength. Bring on a new week - I´m ready for it:-)

God in his wisdom knew that we all need a rest! I sure appreciated the rest I had today! Remember to take a break from your labours and rest! In the weeks to come I am going to take a bit of my own advice and make sure I take a rest from my labours! Now I´m off to bed to read a book, but before I do I think I better brush my teeth!!!

1 comment:

lisa said...

Sounds blissful! Can you send one of those weekends over to me please????