Sunday 23 January 2011

It´s very quiet....


......Sara has hardly uttered a word since Friday morning!

I was off work on Friday as Sara was going to the hospital to have her tonsils removed. There was no luxury of sleeping long for either of us. We were up at 6am and ready to leave for the hospital by 7am.

We sat in the waiting room from 7.30am till about 10am. Finally the nurse came and got her into the hospital clothes and she was taken away. I was told she would be gone about an hour. That gave me an hour to get the weekly food shopping done and to get to the chemist to buy pain killers for her to use when she got home. Everything went according to plan. I was back in the hospital about 10 minutes when they came and told me it was all over and she was in the waking up area and that I could go down to her.

When I went into her she just looked so helpless and pale. She was in that dopey stage, whispering things in my ear, half crying, half sleeping. (She better pay me big money to keep quiet about the things she told me in those waking moments! hahaha ) She was in pain though, so more morphine was given and that seemed to help.

We were in the hospital until 6.30pm when she was finally allowed to go home.

It´s been a quiet weekend. She has been sleeping most of the time and in her waking moments she takes her painkillers, eats her ice cream and slush and then falls back to sleep again.

We are looking forward to seeing her smile again and hearing her chatter!!

Meanwhile life goes on with the rest of us. Leah has had her friend Benedikte staying here this weekend. They got our bed and Kristian and I moved into the livingroom and slept on a couple of matresses, which was actually really cosy.

The girls were going away Saturday morning to a Gospel Festival weekend. It´s basically a group of people who get together for a weekend to sing. They form a choir and practise songs together for 2 days. They have had a blast!! There were 150 singers, both old and young. They were finished at 9.30pm last night. Then early this morning I drove them to the church again for another day of the festival. It will end with a big concert this afternoon.

3 comments:

Charlene said...

so glad she's over the operation and anesthetic, at least she knows she's on the road of recovery even if it does take a wee while.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Really hope she's starting to feel a bit better and her recovery is very speedy. It'll be very noisy again, before you know it!!!

lisa said...

Glad she's over it all and it was a success. As I said before my nephew got it done at age 19 and it was the best thing he ever did, no more throat infections, pain tablets etc, he's like a new person. Its tough getting it done at that age but it needs to be done in the long run.