Saturday 1 January 2011

Our New Year was wonderful...

....just the way we had planned that it should be. Quiet, quiet and even more quiet!! (I think we are getting awful old!!! )

We started the evening with a delicious meal. Prawns for starters, followed by steak, chips and a huge salad and ending with ice cream. We decided to eat in the living room in front of the TV. We watched our favourite show of all time..."Everybody loves Raymond" and had a good laugh.


The rest of the evening we played tennis with the Wii and again watched TV. I did try to get my hubby to sing and dance with me, but he was having none of it....really annoying!!

Finally midnight arrived and we toasted in the New Year.

Then the fireworks began. It has been a wonderful evening. We have sooo enjoyed relaxing and just being together. (Leah is at camp with our church, Sara is at a friends house at her birthday/new year party)


2011 - A New Year with, I´m sure, many challenges ahead. Good to know we are not going into it alone but that God goes with us!

A few goals for the new year....1) to get fit, start living a healthy lifestyle again. I have put on weight in this past year and I have not exercised at all. I can feel the difference. I do not have the same amount of energy as I did when I did my aerobics every other day. So that is going to change. (I hope!!!)

Goal number 2, which really should be goal number 1, is to live life with gratitude and praise....I believe that makes a difference. We can choose our attitudes, it takes just as much energy to be sour and ungrateful as it does to be positive and thankful.

Sometimes I don´t "feel" like being thankful, grateful, or positive, but I don´t have to follow where my feelings lead....my goal is to work on this. To "kill" my flesh and not let it decide how my attitude or day is going to be:-)

No matter what circumstances I find myself in I want to keep my peace and joy. Just like Paul and Silas (from the Bible) in prison, even though they were beaten and chained, they sang praises. Not exactly wonderful circumstances to sing praises in. But they had something, something that I want!! I want to be able to praise and be thankful in the most awful of circumstances. I suppose this is my greatest goal for 2011....to find the treasure in every trial. (I wonder how many trials I am now going to have to face so I can learn this?!)

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

3 comments:

lisa said...

I think that was a perfect way to bring in the new year!

Charlene said...

Hope the rest of the year brings all your heart desires, and that your heart desires the right things! After reading your post I think your definitely on the right track. Church was great today Robin preached on being in the Lord's will - very challenging.

Stuart and Pauline said...

Are any of your churches doing Essential 100, as part of the Bible Fresh campaign by Evangelical Alliance? It's to celebrate the 400th anniversary of the King James Version of the Bible. It looks really challenging and amazing.