Wednesday 26 January 2011

No holes....

....It´s now official:-) I have no more holes in my teeth!! (at least for the time being!)

Today I had my last trip to the dentist for a while. The last hole was drilled and filled, without me getting any injections to freeze my mouth!! I am turning into a real Viking!! So the holes are all gone in my teeth, but I have a big hole in my purse!! I got the bill! It was for 6900kr (about £780!!!) I was acutally relieved! If you remember back to the quote I got at the start of it all, it was for 13900kr (about £1600) so a mere 6900kr was a real blessing:-) I also get 4 months to pay it off, so thankfully we will not die of stravation because of my dentist bill!!

However Sara just might die of stravation!! The poor wee thing has lost 3kg since Friday. She is sick of ice cream, smoothies and slush. She is soooo hungry for real food. I offered to make her toast and give her a bowl of crips, but somehow she
wasn´t interested:-)

She is still in a lot of pain. It hurts to swallow, so even though she is hungry, getting food down is such a task. Today I decided to make her mashed potatoes and carrots. I put it through the blender and let it cool right down. Slowly she got it down. Finally something to ease the hunger pains. It has been a hard 5 days for her but in a few more days she should be feeling a better.

One thing she hasn´t lost is her sense of humour. She texted her dad today, a text that made us smile. I should explain that Kristian has been after her because of her huge telephone bill, which she now has to pay. (That´s an important piece of information so you understand the text) It said...... You don´t need to worry about the phone money, I´m going to die soon of hunger and then you can sell all my things. I only ask that for my funeral, I be clothed in my black new years dress and my new shoes....everything else I own is yours, oh except my ipod, it´s coming with me:-) haha

Today I had my old neighbour visitng. She and her husband lived for 30 years in Germany, but came back to Denmark when they retired. They moved into the apartment below us, the same time we did. We got on so well with them. We then moved to a bigger apartment in the complex here, but from time to time they would come by for coffee. It has been a while since we last visited, so it was really special to have her here today. She came for lunch and before we knew it it was getting dark outside. The afternoon had just gone by soooo fast. It sure is nice to have good neighbours:-)




5 comments:

lisa said...

Ha ha re the text! She still has her sense of humour! She will get better soon it just takes a lot more time when they are older. Glad your dentist bill wasnt as huge as you were expecting, it must have been a real relief.

Rhoda said...

Glad you have whole mouth:)

I've sent you a link that Sara needs to read!

She's lucky, if she had had the operation here, she would not have got out of hospital until she was eating properly!

Charlene said...

Have to agree with Rhoda on that after you have your tonsils out they make you eat toast for your first meal Laura, the longer she goes without eating solids the longer the healing processs takes! Easy said! hahaha. Glad she is improving.

Laura said...

How cruel they are in Ireland!!! Making you eat toast for your first meal!! I would never let her eat toast for her first meal....her throat was raw...how awful!!

Well she is on the mend, today (friday - 1 week later) huge improvement. She ate lasagne last night, soup and porridge and this evening she wants to eat rice pudding.....Must say she did soooo much sleeping the first 4 days so its now great to see her up and about again.

lisa said...

When my nephew got his out a few months ago he didnt have to eat toast and that was in the Royal Victoria. He got ice-cream and jelly (like the kids do) and he's the same age as Sara!