Saturday 4 February 2012

Date night....

So Kristian had arranged a date night. It turned out to be dinner and a concert. We met up with two of Kristian´s friends - Morten and Michael. They had their wives with them too. (Kristian met Morten years ago while doing a course at night school. Since then they have been friends. Through the years Kristian has gotten to know Morten´s brother Michael. They don´t see each other so often, maybe two or three times a year.)  But last night we all got to hang out together.


The food was delicious. We had prawn cocktail for starters followed by a Greek inspired dinner. Once again I ate far too much but enjoyed every mouthful. Dinner was from 7pm to 9pm and then the concert started.

Morten´s wife and me.

It was Michael´s birthday and he got to meet the man giving the concert....Mike Anderson.

Mike Anderson and band were fantastic! Funny thing was that we were the youngest people there!! A jazzclub had arranged the event and most of the people there were 60+!! and once the music started they were all up dancing. I had so much fun watching these older people swing each other about the dance floor and they could dance! I didn´t get to dance.:-( Kristian is a terrible dancer! So he refuses to dance, at least in public! So I just had to make do with clapping my hands and tapping my feet! 

It was a lovely evening although by 11pm I was ready for bed!! Talk about getting old! It was finished by midnight and we were heading home and in bed by 1am! I then slept until 11.53am!!! We all did! We must have really needed it:-) Thanks for a lovely night Kristian, next month it´s my turn to arrange a date! Ummhhh what can I do???

Check out Mike Andersons voice - fantastic voice and his band were fantastic too!


No comments: