Wednesday 24 June 2015

Big day for Camilla.....

Monday was a big day for Andrew´s girlfriend Camilla. She graduated from college. When you graduate here you get a hat like the one she is wearing. Now all you see around Denmark are young people wearing these hats. They wear them for about 2 weeks everywhere they go.
 
Andrew was in to see her get her hat, along with her Mum and sister. After she graduated her family and Andrew headed out to a famous bakery for treats. They had a lovely afternoon together. Usually the family go out for dinner too but Camilla´s mum needed to work so Camila came home with Andrew and we made a celebration here at home for her. I made her favourite meal, we had flowers, champagne and balloons all waiting for her and we had a lovely evening celebrating the end of a chapter in her life and the start of something new.
 
 
 
When Camilla went home I went on line to hunt around for some bargins. I want to decorate our dining room and I have a few ideas.   We have a second hand website were people sell the stuff they don´t want anymore. I am forever on there looking for things that I can use.
 
 Well on Monday I found a couple of the items that I wanted, some old barn windows. I want to use them to hang on the wall and do some creative stuff with them and I had been looking for some for ages. I was over the moon to find these. The only problem was the fact that they were on the other side of Denmark! But as the old saying goes, "where there is a will, there is a way!"
 
I contacted Kristian´s cousin Jacob who just happened to live in the same town as the man selling the windows. Jacob was kind enough to go and get them for me. So now I have 3 barn windows waiting on me at Kristian´s cousins house, 1 big one and 2 smaller ones!! I love them!! 
 

 
Tuesday evening and it was date night with hubby. We met each other after work at our favourite cafe for a quick bite to eat. Then we headed over to the cinema to see Jurassic World in 3D. We soooo enjoyed it. It was such a fun night out. 
 

 
Meanwhile the rest of Denmark were celebrating Mid Summers night. Bonfires are lit all around Denmark and people gather around to sing. We didn´t get to see any fires this year, as we were at the cinema and after the film we were feeling too tired to go and see any, so we just headed home. 
 
 
It´s been a really great start to the week. Only a couple more days and schools stops for the summer holidays!!  I have still one more week left and then I stop for 4½ weeks!! I can´t wait!

No comments: