Friday 26 June 2015

What a day......

It has been one crazy day!! Soooo many things happening in one day - its been fun but as I said, crazy.
 
But before I get into all of that I gave Kristian Silver Envelope 17 last night. It was sitting on his desk for him when he got home from work. It was nothing exciting but something I knew he would love - his favourite cake which comes from the Island of Fyn where he grew up.
 
You can buy the cake from bakeries around here but it never tastes like the ones you can buy over in Fyn. (I like the ones from Fyn .) Then yesterday my colleague bought one of these cakes for us to eat at our tea break. I have never been keen on the ones from over here, but this one looked really good, so I thought I would take a small piece. I was sooo surprised to find out that it tasted like the cake you could buy from the area where Kristian grew up. I got so excited. I knew Kristian would love it so I found out where my colleague had purchased the cake and got one for Kristian.
 
Kristian loved it!!  He ate half of it before we had dinner!! A small gift that brought a lot of joy.
 
 
 
School is now out for summer!! It was the last day for the teachers and kids and lots of fun things had been planned.
 
The day started with a show put on by the different classes. The children sang songs, some played instruments and others danced. We have some talented kids at our school and some great teachers that bring out that talent. A lot of parents had come to see their children preform.
 
To end the show we always sing the Holiday song and the whole school sings along. It is such a great tradition and a lovely way to end the school year.  
 
 
After the song we had a coffee break and then it was time for the staff  to play football against the 6th graders. All the staff members got dressed up to make the game more fun.  My boss dressed up as a ballet dancer and I as an Irish Leprechaun. The rest of the school and the parents that were there came to cheer us on.
 


 All those teachers and staff members that were really good at football had some sort of injury and couldn´t play so we were a bunch of amateurs out on the field. I was to be the goal keeper - HELP!! I got my cleaning trolley and used it to block half the goal. The kids thought it was hilarious.

 In the end I had a bunch of boys from the 7th grade class in helping me - we had sooo much fun.
The 6th graders won but us staff members had a lot of fun.

That was the end of school for this year, the children went home. It was time for us staff members to celebrate the end of the year with some good food. My boss and I had to go and get the drinks, while others were setting tables, organising the food etc. We didn´t have time to get changed and take off our makeup so we decided to go shopping as we were. What fun that was!!


Our local supermarket hadn´t seen anything like this before! haha  People were looking at us and smiling yet not daring to ask why we looked like we did. I decided to just have a bit of fun with it so while we stood in line to pay I tried to get people to sing some songs with me. It was hilarious. People were smiling and laughing and I was wishing them all a great day and that I hoped the luck of the irish would be with them. It was fun to see how something like this could change the atmosphere in a shop. The quiet reserved Danes were suddenly laughing and talking to each other while standing in line! 

When we got outside the shop a man came running after us and asked if he could take our picture. So we posed for that too!!! I think my boss must have some Irish Genes hidden in him as he was just as crazy as I was!!

We got back to the school and had a lovely lunch. We celebrated a few jubilees. One of my colleagues has been at the school for 30 years and the other 25 years. Then we had a teacher that was retiring. Gifts were given and speeches were held for those colleagues and loads of cake was ate!!

I then had to rush away. We had two graduation parties to attend this afternoon and evening.

So it was home to collect some presents and then Andrew and I (Leah had to work so she couldn´t come along) headed down to our neices graduation party. She had gotten her hat this week, finished her exams and passed them all, so today people could visit her and say congratulations. We met Kristian there as he went straight from work. We stayed for a couple of hours and then we had to leave to head to the next graduation party. This time it was for Camilla, Andrew´s girlfriend.




When you graduate here your class gets to ride in the back of a lorry.They visit each persons home, stay for about 20 minutes and go on to the next. There is food and drink for them at each home. So today Camilla was riding the van and she wanted us to be there at her home to see it all.

Camilla´s was one of the last houses. They only had another 4 stops till they were finished with the house visits,  so the young people were not at all hungry. They had been eating food all day! Camilla´s mum had made a pile of food for them but only a few of the girls ate something so there was loads of food left.  Camilla´s mum invited Kristian, Andrew and I to stay and help her and the rest of the family eat it all. We spent a lovely evening together with them and arrived home around 9pm soooo stuffed from all we ate.

Next year it will be our turn as Andrew and Leah graduate!! I hope it´s not on the same day, then again it might be good to get it all over in the one day!

No comments: