Friday 5 June 2015

It´s been all go......

I can´t believe it´s the weekend already!! We were off work today, the last bank holiday for this season. The next time we have days off are for our summer holidays in 4 weeks time! Soooo looking forward to that!
 
So this week has been a good week. It started with a visit to Ikea with my friend Audry. It was our girls night out. We had a great time as usual. There was only one slight problem, the living room that we love to sit in and have a wee natter had been changed. Before it had been a real girlie room in pastel colours so this was very different. We decided we could live with it even though we weren´t sooo wild about the poka dots!
 
When Ikea closed at 9pm we headed over to McDonalds for our treat. It was past midnight when I got home! I had a great evening!
 

Wednesday after work I decided to have some ME time. All the Family were doing something that evening so I would be the only one at home and the only one for dinner, so I decided to take myself of to my favourite cafe. I was in the mood for Big Tiger Prawns cooked in Garlic sauce and served with a salad and bread. I really didn´t want to cook dinner for just myself.

I had a great time! I ordered my meal and then settled down with my Kindle. I spent the next 1½ hours relaxing in a corner of the cafe. Just me, my food, my Kindle, my Bible and God!! It was just what I needed. I was then able to head home without having to think about dinner. I love not having to cook!!!



Thursday afternoon, after work found me out with my colleague Inge. She has just moved house and still needs a few bits and pieces for her new place. Since she doesn´t have a car I volunteered to be her taxi driver. We visited every furniture shop in the town so she could see what the different shops had. Furniture shopping just gives me soooo much energy. I love it. We had a great day out together.


So today we have been busy helping our neighbour Laura. As I said, we have been off work today and it has been wonderful. We slept long, I then got the house cleaned while Kristian went to his sister´s house to get some tools that we needed to help Laura with her project. At 2pm we went next door to help her paint the ceiling in her living room.

Kristian was in the garage cutting up wood to make a wall/divider for the room. It is going to look soooo good when we are finished. For years I have been telling Laura to paint her ceiling as it would really brighten up the room. She has never been ready to take the step, until now.

So today it was all go in her house.

We got the primer/base coat on. Kristian got the wall/divider ready and it also got its first coat of paint. Tomorrow we will continue with the project. At 9am will be ready to put the second coat on the ceiling. Then we have the walls to paint. I can´t wait to see the finished result!

No comments: