Friday 3 July 2015

Finally.....

.....the holidays have arrived.

Today I stopped work for 4 weeks!!

It´s been a hard week at work....... :-)


It´s so wonderful to now have holiday, especially since summer time has finally come to Denmark. (The sun is shining and we are having temperatures in the 20s!! It will be hitting 30 degrees on Saturday!) Poor Kristian has still one more week left then he too will have his freedom!!

I am soooo looking forward to relaxing. I plan to read some good books, paint some nice pictures (hopefully), go for some lovely bike rides, eat at some of my favourite cafes, go to the movies,  hang out with the kids, hang out with Kristian, hang out with friends, go to Greece (I know, I know,  bad planning, hope they get their finances sorted before we leave!) and have friends visit. (Some friends will be staying here while we are off travelling.)


Talking about friends, we had an "old" friend visit us this week - Allen. I worked with Allen many years ago. He is orginally from the USA but for a few years worked here in Denmark. Since that time he has worked in many different countries. He left Denmark about 12 years ago and we haven´t seen him in person since. He came for a visit  on Wednesday and stayed two nights with us. It was really great to see him again and catch up with everything he has been doing in his life.

The cat has been enjoying the sun.....


This evening we had a BBQ with the kids. We had such a cosy evening with a lot of laughter.....we all were rather silly (not just me this time!!)  I think the heat is getting to usl!!!

Kristian and I ended the evening by going a walk. Shadow (our cat) followed us like a wee dog. She is soooo funny. She always follows us when we go a walk, then as we get further from the house she starts to meow like crazy!! When we get to the signpost for our village she doesn´t dare go any futher. Funny cat....





It was a beautiful evening.....








No comments: