Wednesday 29 July 2015

Friends.....

It´s always good to hang out with friends and we were planning on doing that Monday evening. Before that, we had a few jobs to do around the house, mainly in the garden. The hedge and grass needed cut, the flower bed needed weeded and the garage needed a clear out. We had a productive day just doing things at our own tempo.

Monday late afternoon we got ready to go and visit our friends - Birthe and Henrik. They had invited us for dinner so we were looking forward to getting some good food. We were not disappointed. We were able to sit outside in their garden and enjoy dinner. They had a heater and blankets that helped us keep warm.

We had such a lovely evening with them. We got caught up on each others lives. At one stage us girls went in to see a girly film while the boys sat outside discussing whatever it was they were discussing. When it got too cold the boys came in and joined us. The film was finished and we spent the rest of the evening discussing all sorts of subjects - at times getting rather deep - it was just great. Before we knew it the time was 2am!!!

 Birthe and Henrik´s cat had kittens so once again we were sooo tempted to reserve a kitten!! But we didn´t!! 

It really was such a lovely evening with them. Time sure flies when you are with people you enjoy being with!


Tuesday morning and I was up early even though I had first gotten to bed around 2.45am!! I was going to Ikea with my friend Jette and her two kids. The rain was pouring down so it was a perfect day to go shopping.


 I was looking for a new shelf for my kitchen. I am thinking of taking down my wipeboard and putting something like this in its place. Can´t make up my mind which one I like best, so I didn´t buy anything just took some pictures so I could test the pictures on the kitchen wall and see what I think. Still have no idea which one I like best! 


Jette was looking for curtains but didn´t find any she liked, instead she found a whole lot of other wonderful bits and pieces! 


We had such a great day in there. The kids were fantastic, just waiting for their mum and me to finish our shopping without any complaining or whining. We treated ourselves to lunch before we headed home.  The day really couldn´t have been better - to get to go one of my favourite places with my friend Jette was pretty much a perfect day! Jette is such a great person to hang out with. She always puts you in a good mood and yesterday was no different! 

Last night Kristian and I just lay on the sofa relaxing. We watched TV while the wind blew and the rain poured down! I am loving this weather!! 

Today we are on a mission! Next week is Andrew´s birthday so we need to find him a present, that is the goal of the day. Kristian and I are going shopping and I am sooo in the mood for that. It´s another cloudy day, perfect for shopping. Hopefully we will find a few bargins! 

No comments: