Wednesday 8 July 2015

I´m sooo relaxed....

After two days of holiday I am feeling soooo relaxed.
 
I spent Monday morning on the internet looking for books. It was nearly as good as being in a real bookshop! I searched and researched what books I wanted to buy. I read different reviews before finally deciding what I should buy for my Kindle. I went a bit mad and bought a few more books than I needed:-)
 
Books are my weakness. From a child I have loved to read. I remember how, when the school holidays started, I would walk down to our local library and spend ages looking at the books. I then would pick 3 books to take home to read.  I would read them within the week. I would have a notebook in which I would write book reviews and give the books a certain amount of stars. Then it was off again to the library to return the read books and to borrow 3 more.
 
Things haven´t changed much since then, except now I buy my books for my Kindle instead of borrowing them from the library. (Oh and I don´t have a notebook for reviews and stars! ) But the feeling I get is the same. The feeling of knowing you have a pile of books to get through is just the best. I get sooo happy when I have my pile of books all downloaded and ready to be read.  I can hardly wait to get started!!
 
On Monday evening Leah and I went over to eat dinner with our neighbour Laura and her daughter. We had arranged a girly night together.
 
 After dinner we played some cards, then had a couple of games of Cluedo and then ended the evening with a good film. We had such a great time.
 
 
Today (Tuesday) the weather has been fantastic. I decided it was time to get some sun. I spent most of the day outside and got a little more sun than I bargined for!! Red as a lobster I am!! Ah well this too will pass.
 
I started my first book and so the most of the day was spent reading, lying on a blanket in the garden. It was wonderful, perfect, peaceful.
 
 
There was one thing to disturb my peace - the little bird in the Photo. It was driving me insane with its click, click, click sounds.  
 
 
The other morning I woke up at 4 am because of this click, click, click noise. I thought someone had a Newton´s Cradle thing outside our window. (It was the same sound that the balls make when they hit each other) It drove me insane. I then discovered it was a bird. It makes the most annoying noise!!
 
Today that little bird has been happily flying about our garden and click, click, clicking away. I was tempted to help our cat catch it!!! But I didn´t!!!
 
This evening we went for a BBQ to our friends Jette and Filip. Unfortunately the weather changed and it started to rain just before we should eat, so we had to sit inside.
 
We had such a fun night with them. We always end up in fits of laughter and tonight was no different.
 
 

There were a few small surprises for us when we arrived. Their cat had had kittens - 3 of them.



  They were just the cutest!!

So far it has been a fantastic start to the summer holidays. Long may it continue!!

No comments: