Thursday 28 January 2016

A new week and new challenges....

The week started out good. Monday after work I popped by my friend Rhona for a quick chat. It was sooo lovely to see her again. I hadn´t seen her since Christmas Eve at the Christmas Service. We didn´t really have time to talk then, so seeing her on Monday for a quick chat was just wonderful!! (We now need to plan for a longer session sometime soon!)  I only stayed about an hour and that hour flew by. I was a little bad and had a tiny piece of her homemade cake - I couldn´t resist!! She bakes the most delicious cakes!

It was then home to make dinner for Leah and me. We were so in the mood for Irish Stew. Kristian was at his go-kart shop and wouldn´t be home to eat. I made a big pot of stew, then Leah and I settled down on the sofa to watch a few home decorating programmes that we had recorded. We watched TV while we enjoyed our stew and cosy warm home. 


At 8pm I headed over to Laura´s place. She had invited me, along with the neighbours that live on the other side of the road, over for tea and cake. (Laura also bakes the most delicious upside down pineapple cake!Again I had cake!!)  We had such a lovely evening together. It was great to take the time to sit and talk with our neighbours. Usually I would wave at them or have a quick chat if we happened to be leaving the house at the same time. But to have an evening together to get to know them better was lovely. 

In a couple of months we have arranged to have them over to us for tea and cake so that Kristian can also get to know them better.

Tuesday and Wednesday I went to the Gym!! It felt sooo good to work out! I now have lost 2 kg 100grms!! (even though I was a little bad on Monday with cake!)  Whooopiiiieeee! Lets hope I can keep it off - no more cake for me!! 

Today Andrew came to visit. He will stay the night. He has a big exams project that needs to be finished and handed in tomorrow, so he wanted to come and use our printer and just go from here to school. Kristian picked him up on the way home from work. 

Andrew had some good news. He had gotten himself a job in IKEA, so no more post rounds for him. It´s a part time job that he will do at weekends and some evenings while still finishing of his education. 

He had been today to sign the contract and collect his uniform!! I am a very proud mum!! hahaha Imagine him working in the place that brings me soooo much joy!! :-)


So this evening I was planning on making Mexican food for dinner. Leah had invited Lasse as he just loves Mexican - so does Andrew. Well when I opened the chicken to start making dinner,  it had a terrible stink of it. There was no way we could use it. Kristian said he would drive down to the supermarket and buy a new pack.

I started cutting up the vegetables and making the rice but I really needed the chicken. Kristian was taking a long time! Then the phone rang. It was Kristian - he had had an accident. (The road down to the supermarket is surrounded by forest.) A deer had run out of the forest and into the front of his car. He told me this much and then the phone went dead. I had no idea if he was ok or not!! (Since we live in the countryside there is not a lot of mobile coverage.) 

Andrew jumped in my car and drove down to find him. Twenty minutes later Kristian and Andrew came through the door. Everything was ok!! There was no damage to Kristian. The deer, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately!) was dead and the car had a little bit of damage to it. I was thankful to see Kristian in one piece - things could have been a lot worse!





So suddenly we had a very eventful evening! Hopefully it will be a while before we have another one of those!! We finally sat down to eat together at 7.30pm!! We were all straving! 

Ok I better get off to bed. One more day at work and then it´s weekend!! I am soooo ready for it!! 

No comments: