Sunday 31 January 2016

Double date....

This weekend we had planned a double date with Kristian´s sister Hanne and her husband Flemming. We had bought tickets for a concert with a guy called Michael Ruff. Kristian introduced me to Michael Ruff´s music years ago, but this was the first time we would hear him live in concert. 

So Saturday morning we had a lovely long sleep - something we both needed. It was then up to clean the house, which also was in need of a good cleaning. We each took our areas and within a couple of hours the whole house was cleaned, beds changed and washing done.

We had a few hours to relax before we had to get ready to leave for our date. 

We had arranged to meet with Hanne and Flemming for dinner in the restaurant at the concert hall. We had the most delicious 3 course meal there. We had a couple of hours before the concert to enjoy our meal, chat and enjoy each others company. The time went in too fast and before we knew it the concert was beginning.

What a GREAT concert!!! He had all sorts of songs in his repertoire, some I knew, some I didn´t. There was something for everyone. He was also such a down to earth guy, funny, a fantastic pianist and a man in love with Jesus and everything He had done for him. I came away soooo blessed. We all had such a great night together. 

This morning we decided to go to Hanne and Flemming´s church in Copenhagen as Michael was singing a few songs there.  There was also a guest speaker from England! 

Check out some of his songs....









Once again we were blessed by Michael and his songs and I got sooo much out of the speaker from England. She spoke about knowing what your passion is in life, knowing what your calling is. 

 I have been wondering about this for the last few months. I have been pondering over what God wants me to do, trying to figure out what my passion is - what am I burning for. So when I heard what she was going to speak about I was all ears. She spoke out of Nehemiah 1 v 4.  She spoke about the different seasons we go through in life. She touched on David´s life and on Elijahs life too. It was all really challenging.  I have got loads of notes to go through over the next week.

After church Kristian was heading to a go-kart race to take a few pictures. I really was not in the mood for that so I said that I would just take the train home. Kristian told me to take the train to a certain station and change there for the train to our town. I had parked my car at the train station before we headed to church so when I arrived in our town I could just hop into the car and drive home. Things however don´t always go as planned. 

When I got to the station where I should change trains, I could not find a train to our town. I was so confused!! I finally figured out that no train went to my town from that station. 

I had to wait for the next train back into Copenhagen and change at a totally different station. That´s the last time I´m taking Kristian´s word on train travel!! haha  Anyway when I arrived in our town, I was just about to get into my car when Kristian called wondering where I was. He was home and had no key to get into the house!!! haha It had taken me so long to get home, that he had been to the race, taken the photos and driven home. I should have just stuck with him!

No comments: