Saturday 2 January 2016

Lazy days......

We had a few lazy days over Christmas and it was wonderful.

On Boxing day Sara and Andrew went back to their different homes and Leah went to visit Lasse and his family. Kristian and I found ourselves alone, so we spent the whole day in our PJs watching dvds and eating way too much chocolate!! 

By Monday we had cabin fever and just needed to get out. So we decided to head to town.
Kristian needed to get one of his Christmas boxes changed to a bigger size so we took care of that and then just enjoyed walking about town. It was really lovely to get out.

We had been eating leftovers for 3 days and we were soooo tired of turkey, ham and potatoes that we decided we would go to my favourite cafe and have dinner there. I had the most delicious prawn salad and Kristian got himself a burger. Just as we were leaving the cafe we saw Kristian´s friend Morten out with his new girlfriend. We finally got to meet her. They had only started eating so we asked if they wanted to come to us for coffee when they were finished. They said yes. 

We went by the bakery on the way home and bought some cakes to serve with coffee. Not long after we got home Morten and Marianne arrived. We had such a cosy evening together with them and it was rather late when they left.

On Tuesday Kristian´s mum turned 80! Even though we held a party for her in the Summer we still had some celebrating to do with her on the day. She was having an open house from 11am to 3pm. We arrived down to help with all the practical things. People came and went through out the day. All of us (her kids and their other halves) were there the whole day. 

I sent her a text message with the above picture attached so she could start her day with a smile:-) hehe

She had a lot of friends visiting and I think she really enjoyed her day. She looks really well for 80! She is such a great person and I am blessed to have her as my mother-in-law.

 Her kids sang the song they sang at her party in the summer and it went down a treat!


When all the visitors left we (all the family) cleared up and then just hung out together.  It was soooo cosy, Around 5pm Kristian and I left even though the rest of the family were going to stay and eat leftovers together. Kristian was going on his yearly trip to the forest with his guy friends, so he had to get home to pack and get ready for that. 



At 7.30pm Kristian headed out into the forest and I was home alone. Leah was at work and then she was heading home to her friend´s house for a girly night. I cuddled up on the sofa with Zoey while my hubby was out in the cold sorting out the worlds problems with his other male friends. (I was so thankful to be a home in the warm!) He arrived home again at 4.30am!!! Crazy man!! But he had had a great night out in the forest!

I just love this wee cat - Zoey. She is the cutest cat with a lovely wee personality. I am sooo glad we got her. 

On Wednesday and we spent some of the day getting the house cleaned and ready for New Year. We also went to town to get a few things. 

Wednesday evening and I headed out to the cinema with my friend Laura and her friend Karen. We went to see the film Joy. I really enjoyed the film even though it was different than I expected. It´s not one that I would see again but even so, it had my attention the whole way through. We had a lovely evening up in town together. It´s good to get out with the girlfriends from time to time!

Thursday we were up early to do the last bit of shopping for the New Year. It was then home to prepare the food. The house was pretty clean and tidy so we didn´t have too much to do there. Kristian´s sister Hanne and her husband Flemming were coming to hold New Year with us. 



We had a wonderful New Year´s Eve together with them. We made a 3 course meal which turned out well! (yes!! thank goodness!)  We spent a good part of the evening eating, chatting and catching up with each other. I had bought a small quiz box with questions on things that happened in 2015. We had fun playing that. Then the rest of the evening was spent watching a concert with many different artist - Hitman returns. It was a fantastic concert and we all really enjoyed seeing it.  At midnight we toasted in the New Year and then went out and watched the fireworks that were going off in the neighbourhood. 

 Who does Kristian remind you off?



Hanne and Flemming were staying the night so we were in no rush to get to bed. At 3am we decided that maybe it was time to hit the sack!

The next morning we were up around 10am and I made brunch for us all. We again sat a few hours around the table and ate and talked. We so enjoy hanging out with them. 

The rest of New Year´s day was spent relaxing. I must admit I fell asleep at one point in the afternoon . Getting to bed so late was getting to me - I´m just not as young as I think I am!

It really has been a lovely Christmas and New Year. On Monday it´s all back to porridge again but before that I want to set myself some goals for the New Year. Ummmhhhh not sure what just yet but I´m sure I will think of something.

No comments: