Thursday 16 July 2009

Memory Lane...

Last night Kristian was going through old files on his computer and he found a few old film clips that we had forgot about.

I thought I would upload this one of Leah - High School Musical was the big hit and she had made up a dance to one of the songs. It was taken only 2 years ago when we were on holiday looking after her cousins farm.

There is such a change in 2 years. Now she is becoming more of a teenager and the wee girl in this video clip is slowly disappearing. I enjoyed seeing this sooo much, it was nice to get to see my wee girl again....

Today I did something that I havent done in years - I went to visit a dentist!! I HATE dentists and it´s been 6 or 7 years (or maybe 8 or 9!!) since I have been for a visit. I know - stupid of me, but I have such awful teeth (all the more reason to go, I hear you say).

Well the problem for me was that I would go to the dentist for my check up without sore teeth, then I would come away with sore teeth because I always had to get something done. So a long time ago I decided that I would first go to them when I got SORE teeth. (I know, I know, stupidity at its best!)

Well, that time has come. While we were in France I started to get a sore tooth. Its not a constant pain, just like a nerve that gets hit from time to time.(YUK) So today I decided I would do something with it. I decided I would go and talk to a dentist and see if I could get a time to get a check up and estimate of what needs done.

Well you should have seen me! I was a nervous wreck. I got Kristian to come with me and when I got out of the car I stood and cried. We had to go a walk so I could get calmed down - and I was only going in to get a time for a check up!!! haha It seems really silly now.

I got a time - but they are going off on holiday so the first time I could get was 12th August. I have this deal with them that if the pain gets worse and I cant stand it I will find another dentist and cancel their appointment. But at the minute I am praying over my teeth so I can get through the next few weeks till my check up!! I am dreading going - I can already feel the pain and hear the drill!! (AHHHH!!!) Although I think the place that it is going to hurt the most is in my purse!!!

Now for something else....anybody around for a chat night tomorrow?? If you are, I will be on line to chat Friday 17th July at 8pm (english time) - and if you are you new to chat, just press on the blue button on the left hand side that says "Chat with me" and sign in. Hope you can make it!

3 comments:

Charlene said...

I loved the video of Leah Laura. That HSM is played constantly in our house, the kids all love it and "We're all in this together" was the theme tune of Lewis P7 year and was played at the end of their last P7 assembly (boo hoo).

I'll be around tomorrow night maybe not bang on 8pm but soon after. Talk then....

lisa said...

Dont worry about the dentist, you will be fine! I was the biggest coward in the world when it came to dentists, I never went near one in about 12 years!!! But I go every 6 months now, you know what they say - prevention is better than a cure! And if I have to get a filling I just lie on the chair, close my eyes and I am lying on a beach in the Bahamas or somewhere! Mind over matter and all that! So just close your eyes and take yourself back to France or even better, sitting in the garden on your farm, Shadow on your lap, watching Leah exercising the horses!

Etta said...

loads of clove oil dabbed with a cotton bud onto the sore bits - you can last quite a while with that girl!