Friday 3 July 2009

Rejoice with me....

.....for I have found my cat that was lost!!

Yes, she came home early this morning. I got a phone call at work. The time was 6.30am and a very happy Leah was on the line. I know cats can wander and go off for days but our cat is an indoor cat, it has never been out of our apartment. Last night was a scary experience for her - poor wee thing. Kristian said she was really scared when they found her. Anyway now we can go away on holiday with a clear conscience.


Tomorrow our holidays start and we are off to France, although not all the family is going. Sara got a last minute opportunity to work next week. She decided she would rather do that than go on holiday with her old mum and dad.


She wants to go on a go-kart weekend at the end of the month in France but cant afford it at the minute, so working some extra hours will help her reach that goal. So so she is at home looking after work, the house and the cat. She will also have some company from different friends and cousins through out the week.....its a bit strange having a big daughter who is old enough to stay on her own.
Now for something else.


Monday 27th July we are having a Mamma Mia sing-a-long! Yipieeeee (I can hardly wait)


So here´s the plan. We have booked a wee (and I mean wee) cinema in Comber. We are to arrive between 7.30pm and 8pm. We have to dress up (a little or a lot - its up to you) and we will watch the Mamma Mia film, while we sing our hearts out to all the songs.
Renting the cinema is done by giving a donation. What do you think about each person giving 10 pounds for that?! Is anyone interested in going out for fish and chips before? or a burger or a subway? Please leave comments....tell me if you will meet up - also if you want to go out and eat before and where you think we could go. I was thinking that we could meet 5.30pm or 6pm - so girls (and guys) what do you think????


I am taking my computer on holiday but I dont know if we will have internet down there....but if there is you can be sure of an update!

4 comments:

lisa said...

Welcome home Shadow, I knew she would come back! Now you can enjoy your holiday - have a great time by the way!!!

Rhoda said...

I can't believe I missed your last couple of posts! I really have been in another planet!
Anyway glad Shadow came home - I know what it's like, I remember when Malin was young and I used to let him out at night, sometimes just opening the flat door, and letting him go downstairs himself. Well one night he went out of the back garden, and went exploring up the building site behind us for ages. But at least he always came home - eventually. Scary though.

Imagine your first incomplete family holiday. That will be weird and I bet you feel you've been robbed a bit, as you probably thought this would be your last full family holiday. Ah well, I'm sure you will have a great time.

Sorry I can't join you in a few weeks time - I'm off on holiday the week before that, and so I couldn't really take another day or two off. Nor sorry to be missing the film, but the crack!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhoda said...

Laura, if you hate the heat so much why in the world are you going to France for your holidays??????

I actually love having 4 distinct seasons - it's great! (But not in one day!!!) I could easily get used to hot summers and cold winters! This temperature has been just about right for me:-)

Charlene said...

Great news about Shadow, now you can rest easy - or maybe not you just have Sara to worry about!!!!!

As for the cinema £10 sounds fair. Cant wait!!!