Tuesday 28 July 2009

The night I had been waiting for...

...it finally arrived! Our Mamma Mia night! I was so excited - couldnt wait to get on my gear and plaster my face with make up!! haha


Even got myself a new hair style for the evening!!

Lorraine, Charlene, Julie and myself all met up for subway before the film. Julie was the only other ejit that was dressed up!! Good on you girl!! haha I personally think that Julie and I were the best dressed there!!

Must say we got some funny looks walking up the Lisburn Road!! haha Well after having a delicious subway we headed to the wee cinema. Roy the owner welcomed us and he was so friendly, couldnt do enough for us.


There were signs to welcome us.....


pretty girls everywhere haha.....

I got to spend the evening watching one of my favourite movies with some of my favourite people in the world. What a night!!
Etta, Rhonda, Lorraine, Helen, Sharon, Laura, Julie, Charlene, and Anne. This was the happy group who would soon occupy the cinema.
I got to be the Lyons maid and there was free ice cream for everyone!!

What a cute wee cinema!!


It was great to see Helen and Sharon again. It has been about 21 years since I last met up with them ...Sharon lives in the USA and just happened to be home visiting family. I have sooo many great memories of them from my teenage years!

After the film we hung around exchanging stories and catching up with each others lives. Brilliant night. Thanks girls! Thanks Julie for coming up with the idea and thanks for driving me home, driving me to the hospital, and then driving me home again!!
Tonight my dad took a nose bleed. He couldnt get it stopped so he had to go to the hospital. When we came home from the film, I couldnt find our house key, so Julie had to run me to the hospital were I had to go in looking like I did and collect the key to the house from dad! I sure got some strange looks.
Dad is still not home. They have taken blood tests, so I dont know if they will keep him in or let him home soon. I'll keep you posted.
(I wrote this post late last night when I got home from our night out. Dad came home around 2.15am. Blood tests were fine and his nose had stopped bleeding. He's great this morning!)

27 comments:

Charlene said...

Wasn't that such a great night - much better than Speranza's!!!! Thanks Julie for sorting it all. Looking forward to the next night already.....

Hope your Dad's all sorted by now Laura.

john and julie mcbride said...

Great night...lovely to see everyone again. Hope your dad is ok. Safe home and hope to see you again soon oxoxoxox

Stuart and Pauline said...

Great to see at least two of you made an effort to get into the spirit of things.

Looks like you had a fantastic night. Great to see Anne, Helen and Sharon. How wonderful that Sharon was back too. They haven't changed a bit.

Hope your Dad's all right Laura.

lisa said...

Glad that your dad is ok. Looks like you all had a great night, love the costumes but why didnt the other dress up? I thought I was going to see all these fantastic 70's outfits! Anyway glad you all had a fab time.

Laura said...

Yeah why didnt all you others not dress up?? Well we had a great night, dressed up or not! and I had a blast dressing up.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast - sorry I couldn't make it! Laura I nearly wet myself picturing you running about the hospital in that gear. Hope your dad is doing ok.

Hopefully see you next time.

Ruth xo

Rhoda said...

You're so right Ruth, is that not an hilarious image?! LOL LOL LOL as I think about it!

Glad your dad is ok.

Looks like you had a great night - but must admit to feeling a bit disappointed that only 2 of you dressed up. The rest must be getting old?

Charlene, I know you will have had a great night, but what did you really think of Mamma Mia as a film?! Maybe you shouldn't answer that here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhoda said...

Meant to ask Where in the world did you get those clothes?

Loved that wee cinema - is that not the coolest thing?!

Laura said...

Hi Ruth - it would have been fun if you could have made it, but there is always a next time!! haha

Laura said...

I got my clothes in Elliots in Belfast. I just fell for that cat suit and i know I will get good use of it here in denmark with all my crazy plans....haha

Charlene said...

Sorry to disappoint you Rhoda but I'm going to buy the DVD. I'm not a big film buff at the best of times - I don't have the patience to sit that long but this one I could sing through. Anyway, I have to watch it again as everyone there had seen it before and chatted through it. I think I missed about half of the plot (if you could call it a plot!). I didn't realise that Harry was gay until the very end and even then I had to ask Lorraine to confirm my suspicions! So yes it's my kind of film - good music, not too much thought involved and of course the essential happy ending.

Charlene said...

Oh thought I'd just fill you in about the dressing up. There is nothing I would have liked to do more than dress up in a spangly silver catsuit. However on thinking about it I quickly realised that I could be mistaken quite easily for the Mitchilin Man instead off Frieda. Maybe next year after the gastric band has been fitted! lol

Charlene said...

By the way the gastric band thing was a joke, just incase there is a miracle and I do find my willpower and lose weight! If anyone has my willpower would you please return it a.s.a.p.

john and julie mcbride said...

Nothing wrong with you chars..i cant find my willpower either must be someone in lisburn pinching them lol

Charlene said...

you are so nice Julie!!!!! I'll give you your tenner later!

Laura said...

I agree with Julie charlene!!

Laura said...

by the way sooo glad you enjoyed the film charlene - rhoda I think if you watched it with us you would see it in a totally different light!! haha

Rhoda said...

Laura, I've no doubt I would have laughed my way through it, but I don't think you'll ever convince me that I would think it's a great film.

Plot Charlene??????? Middle aged woman does not know which of 3 men is the father of her daughter, and her daughter means to try and find out who should be the father of the bride, but in the end decides to be like her mum and not get married after all, and instead become a mistress.
Basically written by someone who loves Abba & Greece and decided to put them together, and persuade Meryl Streep to come have a party. LOL

I love Abba & Greece, and think Meryl Streep is pretty amazing - but not all together:-) Or maybe listening to Abba in Greece, now that would be good:-)

Stuart and Pauline said...

Mama Mia was written by Benny Anderson himself, one fourth of ABBA. So you would hope that he does indeed love ABBA songs. However, not sure if there was another write along with him, think there was. I do wish there was a really great story to get your teeth into in the cinema right now. Not action, not rom-com, not a weepy, just a really great story with really great characters!!!!!

Lorraine said...

Thanks for organising the night Julie - I really enjoyed myself! I came straight from work or I think I might have made a bit more of an effort (might!!).

Looking forward to the next time Laura - get your flights booked!!!

Great to see Leah too - she's such a wee star xxx

Stuart and Pauline said...

For the ABBA fan!!!

Radio 2 are doing an ABBA night, if you listen to Radio 2 you can find out when it's on. I think it might be this weekend. Laura you can catch it on the BBC website.

www.bbc.co.uk/radio2

May the ABBA joy, never end!!!!!

Charlene said...

You have your uses Pauline!!!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Thanks Chazza!!!! I bet you hate being called Chazza!!! xxx

Charlene said...

Nearly as much as Doodles, Polly Wolly Doodle-all-the-day!!!!!!

Oh by the way Pauline, I think you should re-publish your diary entries, they aren't on Laura's old posts anymore (remember she wiped the whole thing). I really could do with a laugh so get typing.(please)

Laura said...

yes pauline please post some old diary entries!! please, please, please!!!!!

john and julie mcbride said...

i only thought of the night,it was john who phoneed booked and arranged it all so thanks be to big johnxoxoxo

john and julie mcbride said...

and even on the day phoned to get the directions love him loads xoxoo your my glitter bug babe love yaxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxooxxoxxo