Saturday 10 October 2009

Clear up time.....

While the cats away the mice will play, someone once said. Well my big cat is away (not Shadow - Kristian) and I sure am playing up. I am clearing up and throwing out and it feels great!!





The house has been annoying me for weeks! It might have looked tidy to the eye but when you opened a cupboard, the contents literally fell out and hit you on the head. Since I am off work for a week, I decided to start the holiday by getting everything cleared up.



I started in the office and worked around all the cupboards and boxes we have. Kristian has soooo much rubbish in boxes on top of our wardrobes, mainly manuels for racing games, computer magazines, electrical bits and pieces and manuels on printers and computers that we dont even have anymore......but a majority of those things are not there anymore!!



While up in town today I saw this basket going for £10 so I grabbed it. Just another little extra piece of storage.......




Now I have a few of the cupboards all organised. It feels sooo good. I still have got some more sorting to do so I better not stay on here too long! My goal is to have it all done by the time Krisitan comes home tomorrow. In fact by the time I go to bed tonight the cupboards should all be organised.


Kristian is away for the weekend. (He is mixing with the rich and famous!!) He is in Sweden at a historic grand prix were he is an offical, waving a flag at some post along the track. Last time he did that he got to speak to one of our Princes whose car broke down right in front of his post.


This week we are all off work and school - even Kristian! We are soooo looking forward to a week at home to relax, visit friends and go for walks in the beautiful October weather. Sara however is looking forward to her visit to Beligum!! Tuesday cant come quick enough!!

15 comments:

Charlene said...

Good for you Laura, well done. It feels so good to get everything sorted - well at least I think it does, it's been a long time since I was sorted and organised!!!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

We're doing nothing to this house for at least a year until we know what will need to be remedied because of the subsidence. Noticed a few more cracks the other day. We're now hoping for a complete redecoration job on the insurance this time next year. So organising is out. Although I think it is good for the soul. Very cathartic!!!

Laura said...

It sure is good for the soul. I feel great tonight!!

Great to hear from you again Charlene - was a bit worried about you....but glad your back with us again....keep in touch.

Rhoda said...

Wow what tidy cupboards you've got Laura! (Hope Kristian is not looking for one of those manuals when he gets back!:-)

Yes Charlene good to hear from you, you've been missed.

john and julie mcbride said...

love my house to be tidy but with 3 girls it never is...we just put new windows and doors in made the window in the frount room a bay wow what a diff but think time to move futher in to the country to a 4 bedroom house with a stable. oliva has a horse called star and is costing me a fortune renting a stable and field i still have to muck out lol

Laura said...

hahaha Julie go for it - move to the country...you´ll be the lady of the manor!!

I would move too if we could but its all so exspensive here!!

Yeah Rhoda I really hope he doesnt look for those manuels - haha he will kill me!! But the dust was sitting thick on those boxes, there were things in there he doesnt even know he had....it must be a few years since he looked in the box!!

Laura said...

Rhoda do you remember our wardrobe at Kilchzimmer!! haha What a mess it was - our clothes were all mixed up with each others - the 2 Germans wardrobes were perfect!! haha

lisa said...

Good for you having a good clear out, the amount of stuff we have thrown out over the last few weeks is unbelievable! There was 31 years of belongings all crammed in cupboards etc!

Laura said...

Lisa I loved each time we moved cause we got so much cleared out and thrown out. So now you have had a few nights in the new place - hope it feels like home!!

I have got sooo much cleared out this weekend, it feels good but before long it will be as bad as ever again!! I am really going to try and stay on top of things -but I say this everytime I clear out! haha Maybe this time it will work!

lisa said...

Let us know how long it takes Kristian to work out his stuff is gone! And Im sure as soon as he realises it is, he'll say he really needs it and has been keeping it 'just in case'!! Or, of course he could read this and then he knows everything!!

Laura said...

its 3pm and kritian has been helping me take things down to the car so we could drive to the dump, thats when he found the bag with all his old manuels, magazines and game cover (empty boxes that motor games came in - YES HE KEEPS THEM!! etc. hahaha he was not a happy man, now they are all back in the house again - but they are not staying!!! haha (He might think they are but they are not!!) So very soon he is going to copenhagen to get Saras go-kart so while he is gone I will just move them down to our wee shed - I wont have thrown them out but they will be out of the house.

lisa said...

Thats a good idea, gone but not gone!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Have you ever thought of moving Kristian out into the shed too with all his gubbings? Men just make the place untidy!!!

lisa said...

Ive become a garage widow! Ha ha its great!!!

Laura said...

Now what a great idea Pauline!! haha most of the time he lives in our wee cupboard racing his motors....as long as it makes him happy!! haha

I never did get to move the bag of manuels, etc down to the shed. He didnt go to copenhagen cause the car broke down - it wouldnt start!! Typical!! haha and he couldnt take mine as he needed one with a knob thing on the back (cant think of the english word for it at the moment!) so he could hook up a trailer, my car doesnt have one - so he couldnt go in to get saras go-kart from the race track....so now i have to think of another way to get him out of the house so I can get those bag of manuels out of my clean, tidy house!! haha