Monday 26 October 2009

The extra hour didnt seem to help

....even though the clocks went back 1 hour and I got myself an extra hours sleep, it didnt seem to help!! So here I am early to bed (with my computer) hoping that this will help boost my energy level.

I have had a really lovely day today, mainly because of the weather. It was gray and rainy all day long. It was so cosy being inside work watching the rain pour down. The only problem was that I didnt want to work - all day long I just wanted to go home, light loads of candles, and cuddle up on the sofa with a book or a good film. I was in a cosy mood all day!! But, somehow, I got myself through the day - and even managed to do some work too!

When I came home there was a package for me. About 1½ weeks ago I had ordered the film "Summer Holiday" with Cliff Richard. Anyone remember that one? So while I was making dinner, I did what I had been dreaming about all day - I lit some candles and put on the film.

While preparing the chicken, vegetables and potatoes I was singing my heart out to summer holiday, bachelor boy, etc. Oh it was a real blast from the past!!!! (Must be the first time in ages that I actually enjoyed making dinner!!! haha)

So for those of you who want to walk down memory lane with me, just click below. Its my favourite song from the film - THE NEXT TIME - (Did anyone else play this song over and over again whenever their heart had just been broken??? We girls really know how to make ourselves miserable!! hahaha )

13 comments:

lisa said...

Oh Laura, your mad - but thats why we love you!! Sorry but I didnt watch the video, Sir Cliff just is not my thing lol!!! I nearly did but I just couldnt do it ha ha!!

Lorraine said...

I loved that song Laura - I remember singing it over and over and over again. I can still remember all the words!

Great movie too! I'm not a huge Cliff fan but I do love that film.

Hope you feel refreshed soon xoxo

Laura said...

Oh Lisa you should watch this song - it is soooo beautiful:-)

Oh I love the movie to Lorraine - and I also remembered all the words of this song. I have been playing it constant from yesterday, so its doing Kristians head in:-) Great to hear from you again Lorraine - must get on and chat sometime - miss you:-)

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stuart and Pauline said...

Glad the film has made you feel happy. Not a huge Cliffy fan either.

Lorraine, I recorded High Anxiety the other day, haven't watched it yet. I remember watching that film and just laughing from start to finish, wondering whether I'll still find it as funny.

Rhoda said...

I do like Cliff's songs, great for singing along to, and oh my he had some perfect ones for broken hearts ("These miss you nights")But hearing him at Wimbeldon and doing Wuthering Heights, mmmm not so sure about him live!!!!

I've like the extra hour, I'm sleeping much better! I find it easier to go to bed earlier, and so feel better for it in the morning! But oh my I don't like the dark days! 2.00 having to put the lights on.

lisa said...

I agree Rhoda - I hate the dark nights too. I really love Christmas though and it also means its getting closer to summer coming back ha ha!! But seriously though, cant wait until Christmas this year, new house, new kitchen - big turkey!!!

Laura said...

OH I hate getting nearer to summer - LOVE the dark nights - the cosy candles burning everywhere....and CHRISTMAS I am with you there Lisa!!! hahaha

lisa said...

I do love all the candles burning etc, low lighting, cosiness and I cant do any of that at the minute until the building works finished. But it hasnt stopped me buying candles. Ive about 20 new scented candles sitting waiting and I cant wait to light them! Imagine getting excited over lighting candles!! Most of them are Christmas scents, apple spice, winter berry, cinnamon etc - lovely!!! Oh Im getting all excited now!! My minds going between candles and baking! Now Im in the mood to write my shopping list for my christmas cake!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Baking my Christmas cake tomorrow. I take my recipe book with me to a wee local shop and tell her what I want and she weighs everything out for me, no fuss later in weighing everything out. Stuart is going to help this year, do the stirring, as my shoulder just won't take it. If my fire worked, I would sit all cosy in front of the fire, with the blanket round me and a hot chocolate every night!!!

mmmmmmm, can't wait for that wonderful smell to permeate round the house tomorrow night and then watch Strictly too, how perfect is that?

lisa said...

Oh I want to come to your house!!!! Fantastic! I cant wait now to get my cake in the oven - oh Im getting excited again!!!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Well you can always fly over again!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Lisa, the flight would've been wasted. I didn't get to bake it tonight, as I was about to get everything started I realised I hadn't soaked my fruit overnight!!!! So doing that tonight and will bake it tomorrow night. Any available flights tomorrow?!!1