Saturday 2 January 2010

I´m sick....

....yes, sick of cleaning my bathroom and clearing up this house!!! Does anyone else have a bathroom that just doesnt seem to stay clean?? or is it just mine?? I clean it and within hours there are clothes, make-up, perfume, and wet towels everywhere!! The bathroom is actually clean at this very minute, but then again Sara is not home at this very minute, so thats a big help!!! haha Anyway thats that off my chest, my bit of complaining done for this evening!!

So over the last few days we have had a lot of people in and out of the house. Winnie (Saras good friend) came to stay for 3 days, it was great seeing her again. She is so easy going and fun, its a pleasure to have her staying. Alessio is also still here too and Leah had her friend staying over the new year too - so there were bodies lying everywhere!! My friend Laura came by on New Years day to pick up her daughter Mia and ended staying a few hours - which was great!

This evening however the house has been sooo quiet - I think I really needed this quiet evening. Winnie went home late this afternoon. Sara and Alessio decided to go to the cinema and Leah went off to visit her friend.



Kristian had plans too. Tonight is his yearly visit to the forest. He meets up with some friends, and they head into the forest for an evening of chit chat. They build a fire, sit around it and share what has been happening in their lives over the last year and what their goals are for the new year, then when they get together next year they see if they accomplished their goals. Kristian wasnt able to go last year as he was sick.... so he has been soooo looking forward to it this year.

They are 5 or 6 fellas that meet up and most of them dont see each other from one year to the next. I think its a brilliant thing to do, but I also think they are a bit crazy - its minus 5 outside tonight....I´m glad its not me!! Now why dont they just go to a nice restaurant and talk together there???? Men - I will never understand them!!

12 comments:

Stuart and Pauline said...

Laura, I love that idea of Kristian going into the forest and building a fire, something very primitive about it. Glad it's not me though, take me to a tearoom and give me a slice of carrot cake or chocolate cake and a hot chocolate, I'll talk for hours!!!!! Men however, need to be doing something at the same time as having a heart-to-heart. Love that idea though, of meeting up and talking through goals for the next year and whether you have accomplished them from last year.

Etta said...

Our cloakroom managed to stay clean for about three weeks... but only as the loo wasn't connected and was sitting in the middle of the floor... possibly a bit drastic? (ps... happy new year!)

Laura said...

Well hello stranger - nice to have you back amoung us Etta!! Happy New Year to you too:-)

lisa said...

My bathroom is exactly the same, you are not alone! I was telling Ronnie about Kristian and his friends going off for the night and he thought it was a great thing to do. I asked him why they would want to camp out in -5 degrees when they could stay in a hotel and he said its a man thing, being out in the cold, fire burning, makes you feel like your still a man, doing manly things! I said I didnt get it and he said its because Im woman, I dont have that primitive man thing going on! Im glad lol!!

Laura said...

haha I know Lisa I have suggested to Kristian that they go to a house or restaurant but he loves building the fire and they roast sausages over it - drink coffee (irish coffee!!haha) and they all put the fire out by weeing on it at the end of the evening hahahaha it really is a primitive man thing:-) Now if I was organising it I would get all us girls off to a spa with delicious food!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Putting out a fire by weeing on it? Such a blokey thing to do!!!! Not my idea of a good night out though. Meet you in the spa next week then.

Laura said...

You´re on Pauline:-)Anyone else want to join us???

Angie said...

Ummmm....can't decide if i like the idea of being out in the forest or not!! Think i'd rather spend the time indoors in the heat!! But then again i'm not a spa person either so i'll meet the rest of you in the coffee shop after!!
As to the bathroom - there's only me and dad so it's easy to keep clean. But as for the rest of the house......I hate housework!!
Hope Kristian survives!

Rhoda said...

I would LOVE the forest idea:-)Even in -5!!! I think it sounds brilliant.

Many(!) years ago in Bible college, one of my friends said "it's such a nice night, I would like to sleep under the stars, will you guys join me?"
I said "Oh I'm really tired, and I need a good night's sleep"
She said "You will never remember that you had a good night's sleep, but you will always remember that you slept under the stars!"
She was right! I still remember it:-)

So now that I'm older and wiser I would choose the forest any day, with the fire - it's just so nice:-)

(There's 2 of us, and none of the house stays tidy . . . . but I've given up trying, much more interesting things to do . . . like plan nights sitting round a fire in a forest!)

Laura said...

I have a correction to make to my post - my husband informed me tonight that it wasnt -5 but -11. The thermometre on his phone showed -11 while they sat out in the forest.....they are even more crazy than I thought...he had a brillant night by the way, only problem was his clothes, they stank of smoke from the fire and so the whole house stank:-)

Stuart and Pauline said...

What a man!!!!!

lisa said...

Yes, what a man!!! Ronnie said I'll never understand it and I said Im not going to bother trying, book me a place in that spa!!