Wednesday 6 January 2010

A new job...

Today I started a new job!! It is working with our church.

I have worked full time cleaning in a Christian school, but in December our church contacted me to see if I would consider working one day a week for them. My job would be coordinating the childrens/junior work, along with another girl. It sounded rather exciting but I already worked full time - so I decided to talk to my boss and hear if it was possible to go down to 30 hours a week at the school. To cut a long story short - it was. So I said yes to working with our church one day a week. That means I now work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at the school and every Wednesday at the church.

Last year there was a girl working 2 days with the church - but she wanted to go down to 1 day and have someone to work along with, find ideas with etc. We get on well and I think we will work well together.

So my first day was great. It was a bit weird using my brain again! haha ( it was a bit weird sitting all day planning and typing! ) There is lots to do so I dont think I will get bored on my Wednesdays at church.

8 comments:

lisa said...

Thats fantastic - well done you!! That is the kind of job you will be brilliant at, right up your street. Congratulations!

Lorraine said...

Wow! Sounds like your perfect job!

I'm sure it will be wonderful - challenging but wonderful!

Lorraine said...

Wow! Sounds like your perfect job!

I'm sure it will be wonderful - challenging but wonderful!

Etta said...

That's great Laura - no better woman for the job... I'm delighted for you.

Stuart and Pauline said...

You kept that quiet.

Sounds like you will have a lot of fun, interesting and challenging all at the same time. Well done you!!!!

Karen Templeton said...

That's great news Laura. I'm sure this is only the start of great things ahead.

Congratulations!

Rhoda said...

She did, didn't she Pauline!

It's brilliant that your work agreed to allow you to change your hours with them!!!

Well done you:-)

Laura said...

Thanks everyone - yeah I was a bit quiet about it all - thats just cause it all happened in December and there was soooo many other things to write about...plus I thought I better wait until the church announced it offically before anyone read it on my blog:-)