Monday 11 January 2010

It came and it went...

Yes, the weekend came and the weekend went - and just a bit too quickly for my liking!! But it was good!


On Friday Kristian got word back about the exam that he did just before Christmas. (He is studying something to do with insurance - dont ask me what! - but its to do with his work. He has 4 exams to do in all. The first one he passed and the second one he did just before Christmas.) Well he really thought he didnt do well this time. He ran out of time and found the questions really difficult, but on Friday he found out that he had passed again!! Lets hope the next two go the same way!


Saturday evening I was out at a dinner at church. It was for all of us who work with the kids or youth of the church. A sort of thankyou from the elders and leaders for the work we had done. It was a great evening. We ate delicious food, chatted, and then we did some line dancing. Totally hilarious - especially our minister who just could not work it out - the look of concentration on his face was priceless. Even with all that concentration his feet still went in all the wrong directions! ( I forgot my camera!!! )



Sunday after church I made a lemon meringue pie, YES ME...I made it with my own two hands, it didnt come from a box!! The best thing was that it turned out and it tasted really good!

I made it because Kristians mum and dad were coming up for coffee on Sunday afternoon. We had a lovely afternoon with them and off course we had to try out the Wii.

Kristian was sure he could beat his old dad at tennis, bowling, and golf, but how wrong he was. His dad beat him every time !! hahaha





6 comments:

lisa said...

Well done to you both, Kristian for passing the exam and you for the pie - very impressed indeed!!

Stuart and Pauline said...

Congratulations to Kristian for passing his exam!! Laura, good time to join the youth team then, getting a free meal out of it, well done too!! You must give me the recipe of the pie.

It's funny because a friend of mine dated a Danish bloke for a while a few years ago and he had never heard of lemon meringue pie, I think it's a UK dish!!!

lisa said...

WHAT - there are people in this world who have never tried lemon meringue pie??!! Its a travesty!!!! (Its my favourite, can you tell)??

Rhoda said...

Well done Kristian.

Well done Laura for the Lemon meringue pie.

Well done Laura again for getting into the kids work in time for a thank you meal before you'd actually done any real work.

Well done Kristian's dad for teaching the young ones a thing or two about Wii games!

Laura said...

hahaha yeah I did get in just in time for the meal!! But I have actually been doing the kids work in Sunday school from August.

I do think lemon meringue pie is a UK thing, or American?? - no Dane I know has heard of it, but I found the receipe in a "danish" cookery book. It was written in danish - thats what I mean, so it could have been an english book translated into Danish - anyway I bought the cookery book just because there was a lemon meringue pie in it:-) (was a bargin though - on sale for 3 pounds!! haha)

lisa said...

Well done for translating the recipe into english and it still worked out fine. See you can bake!