Sunday 1 May 2011

Gone slightly mad....

...yet again!!! 


Kristian left the house yesterday morning to visit his sister Signe. They are having a concert together very soon, so a bit of practising was needed. He was staying down with her this weekend. So I had a whole day to myself as the kids all had plans of their own. After cleaning up the house and playing taxi driver I decided to make another one of my dreams come true.


I have always dreamed of living in a log cabin or a cottage with an old wooden stove (or a fireplace!) Well the dream about the wooden cabin is fulfilled.:-) It was the part about the old wooden stove that I wanted to fulfil yesterday! Once again, out came my paints and the only available blank wall in our bedroom was soon covered. It was fun!!





I´m sure our heating bill will be half of what it used to be, now that we have got an old wooden stove:-)


Bible verse for May: Philippians 2,3+4 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."  (That´s a powerful verse - I still have a long way to go!)

1 comment:

Etta said...

Laura - love what you're doing on the walls. In my last appartment, I had the names of the shipping forecast stations round the wall of the bathroom - listening to it on the radio late at night was like a lullaby and the names were so soothing. I've got real waves crashing tonight - and a salty smell - time I appreciated it more!