Sunday 8 May 2011

A year older....

 yes, it has happened once again! I am a year older, but may I add, it is ONLY in body:-) My body is now 42 years old, my soul is about 19 years old!! haha


Yesterday was my birthday and I had a lovely day even though most of it was spent at work. Yes I was working on a Saturday! We were all on a course from 9am till 4pm. It wasn´t so bad and the day went by quickly. (Good job I enjoy being with my colleagues!!)


While I was at work Kristian was at home. I came home to a clean and tidy Publish Posthouse. On my desk there were a few surprises waiting. I got some lovely presents - a few DVD´s from the kids. I got the  Miranda TV series ,so I am looking forward to a night of laughter while watching them. I got The Fame TV series from 1982 and to top it all I got a romantic weekend away with my hubby in a cosy hotel, in a room with a sea view. (A REAL sea view and not just a painted one!! haha)



We headed out for dinner and stuffed ourselves. 


It was then home to watch a film and relax. The only thing missing was Sara. She was away this weekend. She was away visiting a friend in Sweden....but that is a whole other story that I must write about some day soon.


One thing did shadow my birthday. Some good friends of our family lost their daughter this week. She was only 48 or 49 years old. She had been a leader in my GB when I lived in Ireland. She was a gem, a really lovely girl and even though I hadn´t seen her in years I felt the loss. It somehow felt unreal, unfortunately it wasn´t. She was buried on my birthday and I really wished that I could have been there for the funeral and to just give her mum and dad a hug.

1 comment:

Etta said...

Hi Laura, I was talking to your dad at Elaine's funeral (she was 48). He's looking well. It was a sad day.