Wednesday 15 June 2011

So heavenly minded....

You´ve heard the saying "so heavenly minded that you are no earthly good!" Well I hope that isn´t true for me. For over the last few weeks, I  have been so heavenly minded!


I have been reading a few books on Heaven and it has been so encouraging and exciting. I sooo can´t wait to die!! Don´t worry I am not suicidal, I love my life!! But just the way I get excited about our family holiday trips, that´s the way I get excited about Heaven. 


I remember when we planned our first trip to France! I researched every detail of the area, what natural beauty spots we could visit, what other things we could see and the more I read the more excited I got. That´s how it has been for me over the last few weeks. My final destination is Heaven so now and then I like to do a little research about the place and that always leads to excitement!:-)


The first book I read was simplly called "Heaven"  by Randy Alcorn. (To be honest I haven´t finished it yet! It´s a thick book and it´s written from a Biblical point of view so there are many Bible verses to look up and think about....but one day I will finish it!) It got me started on this "Heavenly journey" and what I have read so far I have really enjoyed. It is well written and easy to follow. 



Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and BackSo while in the middle of reading "Heaven" I was talking to dad about it. (He was also reading it at the same time and we were talking about what we had read.) Then dad went on to tell me about a little boy he had seen on The God Channel that had written a book about his near death experience and how he claimed to have gone to heaven. Now that sounded interesting! I love books like that, so on I went to Amazon and ordered the book. It´s called "Heaven is for real" by Todd Burpo. While at the summerhouse I started to read it.  I started it Thursday lunchtime and by that evening I had it read! I couldn´t put it down. It was fantastic:-) An amazing story!!


BOY WHO CAME BACK FROM HEAVEN THE PB
While I was on ordering the previous book I saw one called "The boy who came back from heaven" by Kevin Malarkey . That sounded interesting too so I ordered it. (I read it also in one day!) This book didn´t focus as much on the boy´s experience in heaven but more on what the family went through and how God met their needs and performed miracles along the way. It was such a blessing to read and it helped me see, once again, how much God loves us, how much He is interested in every part of our lives and how there is a spiritual world around us that the physical eye can´t see, however that 
doesn´t make it any less real. I was really blessed by the book. 


So the holidays are coming up and if you are looking for some good books to read I recommend these three books. The last two are not so exspensive something like £6 each. (I can´t remember how much "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn costs - I´ve had it for a few years!) Happy reading!!

No comments: