Wednesday 28 September 2011

Drama....

There was drama yesterday at work! 

My boss went into the woodwork room to cut up some wood. Suddenly he appeared all bent over and walking all funny. He is always carrying on so I didn´t think anything of it. In fact I even gave a chuckle and thought "What is that man up to now!". 

I then noticed he was clutching his hand and there was some blood. Again I thought he was carrying on. I had taken a bottle of tomatoe ketchup into work, so I thought he had taken some of that and smeared it on his hand. It was only when I saw his face that I realised it was not a joke. He was in pain.  He had cut himself on a bench saw, you know the one that whizzes around really quickly. PANIC!!! I was sure he was going to pass out. We got him out into the car and off to hospital. 

I then had to go into the woodwork room and clean it up. I was dreading what I would find. I didn´t get to see how much damage he had done to his hand (didn´t really dare look!) so I wasn´t sure if all his fingers were still attached or if I would find a finger or thumb lying by the machine. Luckily there were none. 

My boss was back a few hours later, all stitched up and bandaged. Lucky for him he had cut his thumb and finger long ways down, instead of across.  Even though he had a bad cut it could have been much worse. Phew what a day!! It was all rather draining!

After work I was out with my old lady. She was feeling up to going out so we had a wonderful afternoon in town. I was finally home at 6.20pm and then it was all go. We were going to hold a small birthday celebration for Sara. 

20 years ago Sara looked like this........


....but today she turned 20! We decided to celebrate her last night as she was going away to England today. We ate at home, then we gave her a few presents and spent the rest of the evening watching a film and eating cake. (Once again a bought cake from the Bakery! but it sure was delicious - beats my homemade ones!) It was a quiet but cosy evening! 

Now she is on her way to England to visit friends and to spend the next few days at a go-kart track!!! How boring is that?!!! haha 

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Happy birthday Sara - no longer a teenager so you have to grow up now. Lucky you're so like your Dad as your Mum has yet to grow up! hahahaha
Trust you Laura to look for the joke- Carry on nursing!!!!