Monday 12 September 2011

Wind and rain

Yesterday the weather was gorgeous. Warm and sunny. I spent an hour out on the balcony in a t-shirt lying on my bench reading. 

This evening it´s blowing a gale and has now started raining. Guess which day I loved the most? Yes - TODAY!  I am LOVING this weather!! I love Autumn, I love the dark evenings, I love the rain and the wind. Tonight I am feeling rather content.

I talked to dad this evening. He got some more units of blood today. I think he said he got 3 units of blood but I am not sure it he meant that he got all 3 units of blood today, or that he, in total, has gotten 3 units of blood. How much is a unit of blood anyhow? He was given some blood yesterday (or maybe that was Saturday - the days seem to run together for me)  but they had to stop as he had a reaction to it. 

He sounds good on the phone. Not weary or tired but bright. They have moved him from 9 north to 7 south. They needed the bed in 9 north. He seemed content this evening when I talked to him. He still has a fever on and off and they have discovered that the antibiotics he has been on have been messing with his white blood count so they are trying to get that under control. 

This evening I booked my flight home in October. Leah and I will be arriving 12th October and leaving 19th October. One week to make the house move for dad. Kristian was hoping to come along too, but unfortunately he is teaching some of those days and it is impossible for him to get out of it. If he were to come later it would only be for 3 full days and the ticket is rather exspensive!We are flying SAS! What luxury and the best thing is that we got it really cheap, probably because it is the middle of the week!! I can´t wait to get back home again:-) 

So that is all my news for today. I am now heading into bed, totally exhausted again but that´s because I woke this morning at 4am! I was wide awake and in a bit of a state. Let me explain: Last night I started reading this book about a little girl that was physically abused and then I had this awful dream that Sara and Andrew were getting abused. (don´t know what happened to Leah - she wasn´t in the dream) but I woke up totally distrubed. It was awful. I wanted to go in and hug them both! 

Anyway I knew it was just a dream and told myself to go back to sleep again. I tried to get to sleep but the more I tried the more I couldnt. I was getting into a real panic!! I only had 2 hours before I had to get up so it was a race against time to get to sleep again!

Well I didn´t get to sleep, I lay they for two hours.  My alarm rang at 5.50am and I thought "ok I will lie here for 10 more minutes and then get up."  Guess what? I feel asleep, isn´t that typical. When my alarm rang at 6am I could hardly wake up again. 

 So no more reading of that book, it was too distrubing!  I think I might have a go at my Adrian Plass diary again.....now that ALWAYS makes me laugh and puts me in a good mood!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

That's so weird! I lifted the 2nd Adrian Plass diary book to read yesterday. Spooky. Looking forward to seeing you and Leah. Your dad will have a shock with her hair. Kathleen and I were talking about it being dark now and your dad said 'no she just has a lot of wigs'. x

Charlene said...

Just catching up with the blog! Glad your Dad's feeling a good bit better, you're never without a drama Laura!!!!

The weather here has been really changeable too, windy the last few days and dull and damp today. Did you know it's 101 days until Christmas? On the count down now - that's about the only thing in Winter that puts a smile on my face.

Laura said...

Lorriane I love Adrian Plass!!! I read his diary at least once a year, have you read the third one? It´s good too. Also his books on The Robinson family are hilarious! For a more serious read you should try Ghost...it was really good, I have read it a couple of times.

Hi Charlene you have been a bit quiet on here, great to here from you again. This is my favourite time of the year!! and the count down is on for Christmas!! Yeah love it!