Thursday 20 October 2011

Home from home again.....

Last night we came back to Denmark. We arrived at 10.30pm and Kristian´s sister and her husband were there to pick us up. We finally arrived back in our wee apartment around 11pm. I was wondering what sort of state it would be in but was surprised to find it clean and organised. Sara and Andrew had really enjoyed having the place to themselves and had had great fun "playing" house.

In Belfast we had left my dad with a lovely wee house. In one week we had turned an empty house into a home for him. We were up early in the morning and went to bed late in the evening. Kristian spent most of the time building Ikea bookcases while Leah and I sorted through 40 years of stuff to move to the new place. We  worked right up until we had to drive to the airport, but we did it! We got everything out of the old house that we needed and we left the new house all clean and organised. We even got pictures hung on the wall. The only things missing are a few lamps in the living room and a few lampshades. Below you can see what we did.......




I was ready to send Dad back to live with Kristian and the kids. I would love this wee house for myself! haha


We went to bed around midnight last night and woke today at 12.20pm! We had slept just over 12 hours! I think we needed that!


Our visit to Ireland was very different this time. Not only were we busy moving for my dad but my brother lay ill in hospital. The doctors are doing what they can for him but it still  doesn't look good. In the middle of all this I have a peace.  I just feel God´s presence so real. He is seeing me through this storm, He is giving me strength. The verse from Isaiah comes to mind...."They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall rise up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint." 


I read somewhere once about an eagle, how that he will fly to some high spot and wait for the storm to come. When the storm hits, he sets his wings so that the wind will pick him up and lift him above the storm so that while the storm rages below the eagle is soaring about it. The eagle does not escape the storm it simply uses the storm to lift it higher. What a beautiful picture.

1 comment:

Rhoda said...

Love seeing the pictures of your Dad's new home. It really looks great:)
So glad to know that even in the storm you do have peace. Keep soaring upward my dear.