Saturday 29 October 2011

There is always something.....

....yes there is always something to keep you on your toes!


Yesterday I arrived back in Denmark. It was great to see Kristian and the kids again (minus Sara who has gone away to the other side of Denmark for the weekend.) My brother´s funeral was on Thursday and a good crowd of people turned up with lots of good memories and lovely things to say about him.. It was a hard week at home, but we got through it. I was glad I had the week with dad. 


One thing that touched my heart was the kindness of friends. Everyone was so thoughtful and kind. People sent cards, others rang  to offer comforting words, others came and visited, others played taxi driver for us, while others made pots of stew, soup and dinners to see us through the week. Nothing was any trouble for anyone. It was really, really touching. Thank you to all who even thought about us in the last week - it was so appreciated.


So now that I am back home in Denmark I thought that life would settle into a normal pattern again, but oh no, there is always something to keep me on my toes..... this time it´s the cat!!


Last night we noticed that  she was peeing blood. Not so good. 


This morning instead of having a lovely lie in, we had to be up so we could take her to the vet. Turns out she has a urine infection. The poor wee thing has a fever and since coming back home from the vet has been throwing up! I am a bit tired of cleaning up cat sick!! She is lying here on my desk looking very sorry for herself. Now I need to remember to give her her pills twice a day for the next few days. 

No comments: