Saturday 8 October 2011

The in-laws

It´s the weekend at last! We were actually up early this morning, well if you can call 8.30am early. For us on a Saturday morning, it is early. We had to be up as Kristian was collecting Leah and her friend from a sleepover at the church - not that they got much sleep, but they did have a load of fun. 


On his way home he stopped at the Bakery and bought freshly baked bread. Delicious! Leah came in and went straight to bed and Kristian and I ate breakfast while reading the morning newspaper. What a wonderful way to start the day. We then put on a teaching cd and listened to some Bible teaching while we cleaned the house. We stopped now and then to discuss what we had heard. What a wonderful way to clean the house.


Just before lunch we left to go and visit Kristian´s mum and dad. We had been invited for lunch. Kristian´s sister Hanne and her husband Flemming were also there. We had such a lovely afternoon with them. We had a lot of catching up to do as Hanne and Flemming were just home from New York and Kristian´s mum and dad were just home from a holiday in Norway. So with delicious food and lots of good conversation the afternoon flew by. (Hey, we even got organised where we are all spending Christmas Eve!!)


After lunch Kristian and Flemming were heading out to the go-kart track to get ready for their big race tomorrow. The very last race of the season!!! (Thank goodness for that!!) 


I stayed a while longer before getting ready to head home.  I decided that on my way home I would drive by Ikea, I only had one little  problem!  I had no idea how to get to it from my in-laws house. I had forgotten my GPS so I got a few directions from Hanne and to my utter amazement made it safely, without getting lost, to one of my favourite places! 


Normally Ikea close at 5pm on a Saturday and I arrived at 4pm. I had this stupid idea that at that time of the afternoon there would be no people around. How wrong I was! It was packed - I had to park at the very end of the carpark.  I then discovered that Ikea have open every Saturday evening until 8pm! Whooopiiiieeeeee!!! Great news for me - maybe not so great for those poor people who work there!


I spent a good hour wandering around looking at things and got a few ideas for dad´s new house. Then it was home to make a light dinner and relax. It´s been a lovely Saturday:-)

No comments: