Tuesday 6 December 2011

The 6th December - ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!! this month is just going by too fast!


I have only 8 more working days left and then I am off for Christmas holiday. It can´t come quickly enough. I am soooo looking forward to being off. 


I am just in a Christmas mood 24 hours a day (I am driving Kristian bananas!!)  Even though I LOVE being in a Christmas mood it makes it really hard to work, all I want to do is get ready for Christmas. I especially want to get my house ready. It needs the normal holiday season clear out! We hoard so much! Everything is falling out of the cupboards yet again! Anyway enough about that.


So my weekend went by so fast. Friday evening we were down at our old church for a get together. It was wonderful seeing old friends again. Everyone brought something for the buffet table and we had a great evening catching up with each other.




Saturday found me out Christmas shopping with my friend Audry. It was our traditional Christmas shopping day. We usually take a day off work and go out shopping but since I had no holidays left we didn´t have much choice, we had to make it a Saturday, and so it was just this last Saturday that we continued our tradition for the 5th year in a row! We had a great day!


We left home at 9.30am and drove to a big shopping centre in Copenhagen. We were there for the shops opening at 10am! We left at 5pm when the shops closed! (They literally had to throw us out! haha)  The day just flew by! Even though we had been walking around for all  day we decided that we would stop by Ikea on the way home. It was open until 8pm. Audry and I LOVE Ikea so we decided to make the most of our day!



There was only one slight problem, I was driving and I am hopeless at finding my way!! How would I get to Ikea from the shopping centre, when I had forgotten my GPS??! I had driven before to Ikea from this direction, but that had been a very long time ago in the brightness of day. Could I remember the way? Well the answer to that is easy - NO I COULDN`T!!


I made my first mistake just driving out of the shopping centre. Suddenly I was lost!! We found ourselves in a housing estate which had not been there when we drove into the shopping centre. How did I get there? We turned around and found the right road. 


Then we started our journey to Ikea. It seemed like things were going well, but before I knew it I was in the middle of this town north of Ikea!!!!?? How did that happen? We turned around and headed to a place called Buddinge. We couldn´t remember ever seeing that name near Ikea, so once again we turned around.


We then saw a sign for a place called Virum, now that rang a bell, so we followed that, but yet again we got lost. Once more we turned around but then we saw a motorway sign for a town close to Ikea. We followed the sign unto the motorway and suddenly we were on the road that we take on our way HOME from Ikea! Aaaarggghhhhhhhhh - we didn´t want to go home just yet! 
But we couldn´t turn, we were on the motorway so we had to keep going. It seemed like miles and miles went by before we could finally turn off the motorway and get unto the right side. Finally we arrived at IKEA!!! We were soooo happy to see that Ikea sign! Needless to say we had a great laugh about it all!




After Ikea we had a quick trip over to McDonalds for a cheesburger. You can´t go to Ikea without going to McDonalds!! At 9.30pm I was home. It was a great day. I didn´t get much Christmas shopping done, but I sure had a lot of fun.


Sunday - was our day of rest! A well deserved rest after those hours of shopping! haha

No comments: