Tuesday 24 January 2012

Cold weather and cosy evenings....

So the weather has turned cold in Denmark, -8 degrees this evening. Brrrrrhhhhh. I´m so thankful for our warm, cosy apartment. 

I have had a good few days. Nothing out of the ordinary. Work has been routine although yesterday morning the routine was broken up a bit when we all had a meeting with a girl from an insurance company.

Our work has moved to a new insurance company. This in turn effects our pension schemes. We were all, individually, being called into a meeting so we could get advice on what scheme was best for us.  I have never dealt with anything like this before, (that´s why I have Kristian!) but it was actually really interesting and not as complicated as I thought. I feel very clever now!! 

The meeting was to be an hour long and before I went, I wondered how on earth we would fill an hour, but there was absolutely no problem, the time flew by!  Hard though to imagine being 65 and on the pension. Although I really can´t wait. All that time on hand.  I will have time to paint, read, make jewelry, see films, go walks, visit friends, eat out, travel, and the list could go on!

 

This evening Sara and Leah were having a cosy sister evening together. After dinner they some how talked me into driving them over to the supermarket to buy crisps and sweets. As soon as we came back they crawled into our bed and started watching a film. They have been there ever since.


Shadow decided to get cosy too. She found a spot on top of the cushion and has been there all evening, snoring! She honestly does snor!! 

2 comments:

lisa said...

Wow I havent been on the blogs in soooo long!! It was in May that I was last on my own! Anyway, looks like Ive a bit of reading to do here so I better get on with it!

Laura said...

well hello Lisa!! Welcome back!! haha Yeah I noticed everyone elses blog stopped a while back - I have had nothing to read:-( :-( :-( Good to hear from you:-)