Friday 6 January 2012

What a week......

I have been very quiet this week! I haven´t had much time to update the blog which, in some ways, is a good thing - makes me think that I actually do have a life! haha


So 2012 has started. Kristian was already back at work on Monday morning. Poor guy. (Over here if New Year or Christmas fall at the weekend, it´s just too bad, you don´t get any extra days for them.) I started back to work on Tuesday and what a killer it was having to wake up again at 5.50am!!! I just hated setting my alarm again for that time. But I couldn´t really complain, I had been off work since 16th December!


Tuesday afternoon I usually go shopping for an old lady. I called her from work like I usually do but was unable to make contact with her. After ringing 4 times over a 20 minute period I was getting a little worried. It was not like her not to answer her phone. I went to her house but got no answer. I decided to head over to the Home Care offices where I worked a few years back. I know they call with her everyday so they would know something. I finally found out that she was in hospital. So instead of going shopping I headed back the way I came and went to visit her in hospital. She is not doing so well but she is in the best place and she is getting the best care.


Wednesday Kristian walked around all day with a big smile on his face! Why? Well he got himself a new car. Well new is not really the right word. I suppose what I should say is that the car is new to him. It is from September 2005.


Our old car has been giving us so much trouble. It needed to go through the MOT this month and there was so much work needing done on it. Was it worth putting so much money into an old car? That´s what Kristian had been asking himself for days. Should he look for something newer? Well that is what he did and he found a bargin!  We still can´t believe he got the car for the price he did. 




The car has only two seats at the front, there is no back seat, just a huge boot. This makes it a lot cheaper in taxes etc. It also means he has loads of room for his go-kart tools, tyres and parts. He is sooo over the moon about it and the best thing is that it actually starts in the mornings. Kristian doesn´t have to spend 10 minutes trying to get it going like he did with the old car! Yes I have a very happy hubby!




Yesterday, Thursday, my colleague at work had a birthday. She had no plans for the afternoon or evening. In fact she was thinking of just going home after work to warm some food up in the microwave!!! YOU CAN`T DO THAT ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! So I came up with an idea. I would be going to the hospital straight after work to visit my old lady friend, so I suggested to my colleague that from there, I could pick her up and we could go out for dinner. She was sooo happy.  A quick call to Kristian got everything on the home front sorted and I was suddenly all set up for an evening out on the town!


We had a wonderful evening. Great food, great chats and a bit of laughter too. 


Now it´s weekend and I am totally exhausted! I have been going to bed far to late these days! Unfortunately I can´t sleep in tomorrow. There is a course at work for the teachers and I am going to serve breakfast for them. I will only be working a couple of hours but those few hours are early - VERY EARLY in the morning!!! Better get to bed early this evening! 

No comments: