Friday 18 May 2012

Home sweet home....

Once again I am back on Irish soil. I landed in Dublin last night and took the bus to Belfast. I got into Dads late last night. 


Yesterday before leaving Denmark I, along with the rest of the family, attended our nephews confirmation service. We were all off work and school and the morning was spent at church. It was then off to a delicious lunch. I was able to have some starters and first helpings of the main course but had to miss second and third helpings, plus the ice cream bar. Why? Cause I needed to get to the airport. 


One thing I am really happy about is that I got to hear one of the speeches that his mum, dad and sisters did for him. His big sister and little sister sang a song for him and it was fantastic! A Kirk Franklin song and it was beautiful. (I couldn´t find my camera yesterday morning when we were leaving and I didn´t have time to try and find it - how I regret that, I would love to have recorded them singing that song! I was crying my eyes out,  it was so touching and I was not the only one crying like a baby!)


Once the eyes were dry, Kristian drove me to the airport and then headed back to the party. Kristian and the kids first got home late last night after a really great party and day together with the whole of Kristian´s family. 


So for the next few days I am in Ireland with my dad. I go back to Denmark on Tuesday so I only have 4 full days this time.Today dad and I have been at the hospital. It was his day to go and get platelets. So from about 10am to 12.30pm we were there. Now dad is resting after his lunch. Monday will find us again up at the hospital getting platelets and then on Tuesday he will get blood. 

Dad looks really well this time. He has had a few weeks were he has been feeling really good. The blood he has been getting has been lasting for a week instead of him needing more blood by the weekend. We are believing for a miracle, for healing! He has also, in the last few weeks, put on 1½ kg, which really is a miracle. All the other times that I have been home he has been getting thinner and losing weight. 


Hebrews 11 v 1 says:  Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen, it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (NLT) That verse is is what we are living by. What we hope for is him to be well, so we are just going to have confidence in what we hope for, will actually happen:-)

2 comments:

Charlene said...

It was good to see you Laura, I'm still laughing at Beth's reaction to seeing you! It's great to see your Dad doing so well. The kids in church are learning a song for children's day, it's called "if you have faith like a mustard seed" that's all we need!

Laura said...

It was good to see you too charlene even though it was too short. Next time we will have to try and get a night arranged, would be fun to have more time to chat:-)