Saturday 5 May 2012

Singing in the rain....

Well actually there was not much rain about to sing in! 
Thursday was a glorious day - sunny and warm! Leah, my mother-in-law and myself  were having a girly evening out. (Sara was away so she couldn´t be there!)  We had gotten tickets to go and see "Singing in the rain" which was showing in Copenhagen. We were sooo excited.

I decided that I would drive into my mother-in-laws and leave the car there, then we would all take the bus to the city center. Kristian´s mum lives on the outskirts of Copenhagen so it is handy enough to get right into the center. 

 Leah and her Granny waiting on the bus.....
 We had to have a hotdog with all the trimmings before walking down to the theatre.

 The show was fantastic. Even though the weather was beautiful outside, there was loads of rain inside!



I love musicals! I wish God had given me a wonderful singing voice because I know what I would be doing if he had!! BROADWAY!!! hahaha

After the show we headed back to catch the bus which was meant to come at 10.45pm. We were there 10.35pm and by 10.55pm the bus still hadn´t arrived!! Leah went to check the timetable and realised that we had the wrong time, the bus was first due to come at 11.26pm!!! Aaarrrghhhh we had just wasted 25 minutes sitting waiting on a bus when we could have had a train! 

So off we went to the train station. We caught the next train home and rang Kristian´s sister Hanne, to come and pick us up at the station. She did and when we got back home,  (Kristian´s mum lives in an apartment attached to his sisters house) she had toasted baps waiting. Delicious!!!

It was however one in the morning when Leah and I got back home! Good thing we were off work and school the next day, as it was a bank holiday.


Friday, our day off, we did get a bit of a lie in before we had to be up and on our way to church for our nieces confirmation. Then it was back to her house for a family get-together. Loads of fun, chatter, laughter and off course food! A really wonderful day. 

No comments: