Monday 28 May 2012

Exploring......

There was no work for us today. It´s Pentecost and so the Danes have a free day off work. We planned to enjoy it to the full. 
 Kristian came home last night, from his go-kart race, sore and exhausted. He fell asleep on the sofa almost as soon as he sat down! He really is not as young as he thinks he is! haha

 So today we woke at 10am! Wonderful to sleep long - especially for Kristian! I made a brunch of bacon, eggs, bread, and fruit. It was rather delicious, even if I say so myself!


Then we decided to go out exploring. Close to us there is a town called Frederisksværk, we have never been there and decided to check it out today. Leah came along and we collected her friend Benedikte. We would drop the two girls off at the beach, then Kristian and I would go exploring for a couple of hours before picking them up again. 


The girls had a great few hours together at the beach, while Kristian and I went to the harbour and to the little town of Frederiksværk.

 It was just sooo beautiful. We loved the place. In fact I wouldn´t mind living there!! ("OH NO" says Kristian "HERE SHE GOES AGAIN DREAMING OF A HOUSE!)

 The town centre is just soooo cosy. We got ourselves an ice cream before we went to the beach to pick up the girls.  
 The girls had a lovely time together at the beach.

It really has been a lovely day, so relaxing and the weather has been fantastic too:-) I am soooo NOT in the mood to go to work tomorrow (yet again!). All these long weekends and good weather just put me in a holiday mood. 


Ah well, I can look forward to next weekend, it is also a long weekend. I have Monday and Tuesday off - I just LOVE working in a school!!! 

No comments: