Monday 4 June 2012

Samsø

It´s been another weekend away. This time we were away  on a little Island called Samsø with all of Kristian´s family. Every year we  hold a "Rasmussen Family Picnic" and it is always the weekend after Pentecost. Usually it is just for a day but this time we went away for the whole weekend. We had rented a camp and each of us had food and beverages with us for our stay.


It was a great weekend away. 


Sara, Andrew, Leah and I had never been to Samsø before. Kristian however, went there every summer as a child, so for him, his mum, his brothers and sisters, it was an extra special weekend.
 We went from one end of the Island to the other. The scenery was beautiful. I loved the northern part the best, it was very hilly. 






I think Sara, Andrew and Leah enjoyed seeing it all too.



 I had a good time with my nieces and nephews.

  And I got to go on some lovely walks with Kristian and the kids.

Below is the house that Kristian stayed in every summer. His mum`s aunty´s house. Although the house was sold years ago, the owner agreed to let us all come inside (in small groups) and look around. It was really special for me to see this house because I have heard Kristian talk about this soooo much.
 My mother-in-law seemed to enjoy the weekend away, although I am sure it was hard for her. She has so many memories of this place together with Johs.
 On Saturday evening I was thrown out of my bedroom! Kristian and I were sharing a room with his sister Hanne and her husband Flemming. Apparently I snored so much on Friday night that I kept them all awake. I, however,  think they all just had the same dream about me snoring and that´s really what kept them awake, because I didn´t hear a thing! I did keep waking up though, as Kristian kept hitting me on the head with my Kindle. He usually kicks me when I snore, but we were in bunk beds so he couldn`t do that, he could however reach my head with my Kindle! 


So my mother-in-law suggested I sleep with her, she had ear plugs and was in a double bed in a room on her own. I gratefully accepted, at least I wouldn´t get hit on the head all night with my Kindle! haha I think the other three missed me! 


 Sara and Leah spent loads of time with their cousins. (Above are just some of them.)



 We enjoyed hanging out together as a family too. 
The weather forecast for the weekend had been terrible - rain, rain and more rain. However the weather turned out fantastic. It really was a wonderful weekend away.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Laura that must have been such a fun weekend, well for you anyway. I doubt they'll arrange anything again unless you have a single room of your own!
That first picture, the one with the trees, you should paint a picture of that!