Thursday 28 June 2012

A long day....

It´s been one long day! I`m feeling so exhausted right now. I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday and an easy day at work. School stops tomorrow so there is a special programme planned for the day. Then I have only 1 week left before I stop for 4½ weeks! 


So the reason I am feeling so tired this evening is because I haven´t stopped all afternoon. After work it was home to clear up, shop and get ready for Sara´s class to come and visit. This is a Danish tradition. A few days after they graduate, they go out driving in a special lorry and visit each others home. Sara`s class had 27 homes to visit today and they were due to come to us at 7pm. 


I made a load of sandwiches, had loads of fruit and also crisps and peanuts. There was loads of water and soda. I made a welcome drink of pear cider with a strawberry and blackberry. I was so worried that there would not be enough food for 27 young people. 

So we waited and waited for the lorry to arrive. 7pm came and went! Leah decided to use the time to take some photos.
 Finally at 8pm the lorry arrived....

 We all gathered on the grass area outside our apartment.
 Sara enjoyed her sandwich.

 After 15 minutes they all left again. They still had 6 more houses to visit and I had a pile of sandwiches and fruit that hadn´t been touched. They hardly ate or drank anything.  So when they were gone we invited our neighbours out to help us eat some of the food. We had such a cosy evening together with them so it was acutally great that the food didn´t all get eaten!




No comments: