Wednesday 4 July 2012

It´s been a busy few days. The weekend was spent getting ready for Sara´s student party. In Denmark the young people hold a party for family and  friends to come and say congratulations on their graduation.  

So Saturday was spent shopping for food and getting the church halls ready. (We borrowed the church halls as our wee apartment could not hold everyone.) Sunday was spent making food and baking cakes. I stood in the kitchen from morning to evening. It was not a fun day for me!!! haha I hate cooking and baking. The things you do for your daughter!

 Monday I was at work, but as soon as work was finished it was home to get the last minute things ready for the party.  At 5pm family and friends arrived. 


 I think everyone enjoyed themselves and my food was edible!
 I wrote a funny song for Sara and it gave us all a laugh.
The song was written to the tune of  "Glory, glory Hallelujah" and during the chorus I got them all to wave their arms around and sing along. It was fun!

 Sara seemed to enjoy it. She had a good laugh.
 Then I did a drama piece about her.
 There were different cakes for dessert


Under coffee and cake Leah entertained us with a song.

All in all I think it all went over well.  Thankfully I now have 2 years before I need to do all this again for Andrew.

This is the last week at work. Two more days and I am off for 4½ weeks. I can hardly wait. Over the last two days I have worked 7 hours extra so I am soooo ready for a holiday. Roll on Friday!


No comments: