Monday 30 July 2012

Belfast days....

I arrived back in Belfast late Friday evening. Oh it´s good to be home again! (I love this wee place!)


Saturday: I slept to about 9.30am. I then got up and made dad his breakfast. After breakfast I  headed into one of my favourite places - Belfast city centre. 

I had a few hours shopping. I was in Primark trying to find something to wear for myself. I was needing something new (I can´t fit any of my clothes!) Unfortunately I didn´t find anything, depressing or what!! I really don´t like going clothes shopping especially when I have extra kilos to carry around! Anyway I cheered myself up by going and getting a Subway!! haha 


After a few hours of shopping I headed home. Gillian and the kids were coming up to dads. As I got closer to dad´s house I could hear bands. Turned out there was a band contest so there were loads of bands going up and down the road. 



Fun entertainment for a Saturday afternoon!  When Gillian and the kids arrived we had a lovely afternoon with them. 


Then at 6pm I headed out for dinner with my cousin Lorraine and my "old" friend Charlene. We had a great evening together catching up with each others lives. 

Sunday: Sunday morning we decided to try a something new. Round the corner from dad there is a wee church, takes 5 minutes to walk there. So instead of driving to his "regular" church we decided just to walk around the corner and visit there, after all we are on "holiday". We really enjoyed it. The people were so friendly.  The whole service was very different from his "regular" church, very much like our church service in Denmark. There was about 25 minutes of worship at the start and communion was in the middle of the service. People shared testimonies and verses from the Bible about how God had helped them in certain situations, during the week. It started at 10.30am and it first finished at 12.20pm. It was great, we came away blessed. 


Sunday afternoon we spent relaxing and then Sunday evening we headed to church again. This time to the wee church on the other side of the road that dad goes to every Sunday evening. Afterwards we invited his neighbour over for a cup of tea and we had a great evening discussing things from the Bible.    


Monday: Today is a new day! I have a long list of things to do for dad this week. I am hoping to get his kitchen ceiling painted. It badly needs that. (maybe paint the walls too!!) I want to paint his bedroom and if I have time, paint the back bedroom too. We want to try and get a wardrobe for the back bedroom so that we can organise his clothes and in between all that we will visit the hospital, family and friends. Phew...this week is going to fly by! 


I better get off this computer and get started......

No comments: