Thursday 2 August 2012

Dad and his girls....

So today (Thursday) Dad was out with his girls. We were down visiting Gillian in Bangor and since it was a beautiful day we decided to visit the walled gardens. We sat in the sun and talked for about an hour. Really wonderful.







I was then dropped of at KFC to get dad, Lauren and me a chicken meal while Gillian went to McDonalds to get a burger meal for her and Lewis. It was then home to enjoy our food, chat and watch some TV. A really great evening.


Dad has had a rough week. He has been doing so well until last week when he had bother with his Spleen. It was swollen and he was just feeling rotten. His stomach was so swollen and he was just so exhausted. He didn´t look at all well on Monday and by Monday evening he really felt awful. I was worried about him.


On Monday we went to the hospital so he could get his platelets. When we came home I started painting the kitchen ceiling and by  late afternoon I could tick "paint the kitchen ceiling" of my list. 


Monday evening just after dinner the phone rang and it was the doctor. Dad´s blood tests had shown that he was low on Potassium and they were ringing to warn us that he might be going into hospital. Thankfully they rang back and said they could treat him using tablets so he could stay at home. I had a happy dad. So it was off to the chemist to get him the medicine he needed.


On Tuesday, Amanda, the Marie Curie nurse was here to give dad his blood. Those nurses do such a great job and they are just so wonderful with dad. They also needed to take blood tests to check how his Potassium was, so I got the job of running up to the hospital with the blood as soon as it was taken. 


In the afternoon I started to fix dad´s bathroom. He got new lino put down a while back but it needed fixing along with some touch up to the paint work. It didn´t take long to do and I could, once again tick something of my list. I then started to paint his bedroom. 


Tuesday evening at 8pm. I stopped everything and went for a coffee with my cousin Lorraine. Wonderful:-)


Wednesday my Aunt Kathleen came to visit and we had our traditional fish and chips. It was so great to see her again. She spent the afternoon with us. Dad was starting to feel better on Wednesday, the tablets for the Potassium and the extra blood transfusion seemed to be doing him good. 






Wedensday evening was spent in front of the TV. I just thought that I needed a rest.


This morning I spent about 3 hours painting the rest of dad´s bedroom before we headed off to Gillians.  It´s nearly finished. Hopefully I will get the last coat done at the weekend. 


It really has been a pretty good, productive few days.

No comments: