Sunday 12 August 2012

It´s been a hard week....

.....having to get up again at 6am has taken it´s toll on me. Yes, I am back in Denmark again and back at work. Where did those 4½ weeks of holiday go?

I arrived back in Denmark late last Monday evening. Kristian was coming to pick me up. We usually just meet out at the "pick up/ set down" car park so we don´t have to pay for parking. As I was walking to the car a young fella tapped me on the shoulder and very politely asked me, in English,  if I could help him find a bus or train to Copenhagen. I was about to explain when I realised it was Andrew! Then suddenly Leah appeared at his side.  Sara was in the car waiting with Kristian It was a lovely surprise that the whole family had turned up.

Tuesday we held Andrew´s birthday. We celebrated by giving him his presents and then, as is our tradition, the birthday boy got to decide where we should eat. Andrew was in the mood for Mexican so we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and had their buffet.

Wednesday I started work again. It was so hard to get up again at 6am! It was however, great to be back at work and see all my colleagues again. The day went by quickly. Wednesday evening found Leah and I at Ikea. We just went in to dream about how our bedrooms should look when Sara finally moves out and Leah gets the big room and Kristian and I get Sara´s room. (She has plans to move out within the next 3 motnhs.) So we got loads of inspiration. 


On Saturday we decided to head to Copenhagen. Leah has a birthday in a few weeks and she really would love a guitar so we decided to go into the music shops and check out what they had. Kristian came along too. We had a fun day. We discovered that even though a guitar is the same make and model it can sound and feel very different. She found one she loved, it was easy to play and it sounded really good and it wasn´t too expensive. We ended up getting her her birthday present early. We were afraid it would be gone when we went in at the end of the month to buy it. 


She was over the moon! We took the coast road home and on the way we stopped for a while at a lovely spot by the sea. She and Kristian went out with their cameras to take some picures of her new guitar. I stayed in the car with my book. It was a beautiful day but I wasn´t feeling the best. I had a bit of sore throat and head and I didn´t have too much energy. They got some lovely photos though....









No comments: