Sunday 5 August 2012

Happy Birthday.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!!

Nineteen years ago today at 2.55pm Andrew came into our lives and our lives have never been the same!! (Changed for the better!)

My wee boy is now taller and stronger than me and loves to tease the life out of me! I really don´t know where those 19 years have gone. I remember it all like it was just yesterday.




This is the first time in 19 years that I have not been with him on his birthday. I am still in Ireland but I head back home to Denmark tomorrow. We will then hold his birthday on Tuesday. 


So to Andrew, Happy Birthday from your old mum. I miss not being with you today but will make it up to you on Tuesday! (Oh and I have a wee surprise for you which I think you will like. Are you all excited??!! haha) Love you loadsxoxo



Yesterday (Saturday) dad and I went away for the afternoon with Sharon and Jeffrey. 




Sharon had made a delicious picnic. Loads of different sandwiches, among them corned beef and brown sauce sandwiches. I haven´t had one of those in years and years, and it was SOOOO GOOD! She had made buns and cakes, there was fruit and crisps. It was a real feast. 



While we were sitting enjoying our picnic a woman suddenly appeared and said "You are Jim Robinson aren´t you?" then she hugged my dad. It turned out to be an "old" friend, Brenda, from the Mission Hall. She attended the Mission Hall years back, when I was just a wee girl. Her Aunt Sadie lived down the street from us and we were forever going in and out of her house. It was so special to meet her again.



We were at The Argory an Irish gentry house and wooded riverside estate near Portadown. It was really beautiful. We got a guided tour around the old house. I loved it. I was born in the wrong era. 



There was a beautiful old Steinway piano in the living room and the tour guide asked if anyone could play. I wasn´t going to say a thing but Sharon pointed at me and before I knew it I was giving a number - dear help them all! 



The chair here was one that John Wesley stood on when he was here to preach. 


 It was such a great day out and it just got me in the mood to come over here with Kristian, hire a car and tour the whole of Ireland visiting old houses and museums. 


Late afternoon we headed for home but ended up looking at this sign for about an hour. Jeffrey´s car broke down, white smoke was bellowing out of the back before it gave up the ghost. We were stuck on the motorway!! 




Soon help was on the way and we all got an experience of a lifetime! We all got to ride home in the car on top of the truck that came to pick us up! (It was the first time Jeffrey could fall asleep at the wheel without us being in any danger!) Sharon and Jeffrey sure know how to give you a day that you will remember for a very long time! hahaha Sharon and Jeffrey, we really did enjoy our day - thanks for taking us out! 


No comments: