Tuesday 24 July 2012

I am taking control again....

...control of my weight!!!


In 2008 I went on a diet. Maybe it was not so much of a diet, it was a change of lifestyle. I ate loads of stuff, it was just the right sort of stuff and it tasted delicious. I lost 16kg!! I felt great and I was in really good form. For a few years I held the weight off, without any problem. Then slowly the kilos started to grow back!! It wasn´t bad at first, just a kilo here and there, I couldn´t really feel the difference but over the last year and a half,  little has become much and suddenly I have put on nearly all the weight I lost, and now I can feel it!!!  I can´t fit many of my clothes, I don´t have the same energy that I had and I am not in shape.


How did this happen!!!???? Well I actually know the answer to that. I got lazy!! I started to eat unhealthy again. (Not just once or twice a week but every day!!)  I fooled myself into thinking that being lazy and eating extra would not bring me any consquences. (probably wouldn´t if I was 16 years old again! I could eat like a horse back then and not put on weight!!)


 Life got busy and it was hard to find the time to exercise. It was also easier to reach for a chocolate biscuit when I fancied something, than slice up a pineapple or melon.


Well before work ended for the summer I made a deal with my boss. (He hears my weight complainants everyday. So in an attempt to help he made me a deal.)  If I lost 6,5kg (just got under the 70kg)  during the summer holidays, he would invite Kristian and I home to his place and make us a gourmet dinner. (He loves to cook and his food is soooo delicious!) If I didn´t lose the weight I would have to invite him and his wife home to us and cook a meal for them as punishment!(I hate to cook and my food doesn´t always taste good! haha)  Then I made a deal with another colleague that is also wanting to lose weight but, like me, she loves her food, chocolate and cola. We made a deal that the one who lost the most weight in the summer had to take the other one out for a meal and cinema trip. So far I think I am losing both deals!


I thought these deals would help me start my fight against the extra insulation that I have....but as usual I kept putting it off  "till tomorrow".


So now I have only 2 weeks left of my holiday - YIKES!! This could be an expensive autumn having to treat all these people to their different deals!


Well, Sunday evening I was looking through my computer at some old photos. I was going through the different years, smiling at all the memories. Then I came to 2008. I saw this photo of me (see below) and it just hit me how much weight I have put on again, especially in the last half a year. I got a inspired - inspired to do something with the weight gain. (Also because I remember how good I felt - sooo much energy!)




So yesterday the fight began!!!  My weight was 76,5kg (2,kg less than in 2008) when I started yesterday morning. My goal is 63kg! I did it before (and I was even heavier then) so I CAN DO THIS AGAIN!!! (positive thinking!!!) So do you think I can get rid of 6,5kg of fat before 8th August??? Ummmmhhh don´t know but let the challenge begin. Photo below is for my inspiration!!!

                             (A before and after picture taken in January 2008 and April 2008)

No comments: