Saturday 7 July 2012

It´s here.....

....holiday time! I can´t believe that it´s July again. I have now 4½ weeks off work. WONDERFUL!! Kristian has also stopped work, however he has only 2 weeks off! But that´s better than nothing. We are both sooo looking forward to having a break and to have time to relax and do the things we don´t normally have time to do in our everyday lives (like painting!)


It is going to be a bit of a different holiday this year. Sara is working, so she will not be going anywhere with us (she will be looking after the house and cat while we are gone.) Leah is going off on a Teen Camp for 2 weeks. She leaves tomorrow morning, so she will not be having her holidays with us either. It is only Kristian, Andrew and me having holiday together. 

We are heading off later in the week to a summer house on the opposite side of Denmark. We can´t wait to get away and relax. The house is on a wee Island right beside the sea. It is also not far from where Leah is going on camp so we can pick her up on the way home.  Only one problem with the house....it has no internet. I wonder if I can survive without my blog and facebook??!!




So today I got the house cleaned up a little. Kristian and his brother-in-law were off go-karting. Since Kristian was gone, and his sister Hanne´s husband was gone too we girls decided to hang out together.  I had given Hanne a gift certificate for her birthday last September. It was for a girlie night out on the town with dinner and a movie. We decided to use the gift token tonight. 



We had such a great evening. We had a lovely meal at "my" cafe. We talked for ages and then we went to see the Danish film, "A Royal Affair." It was about King Christian 7th who married Caroline Mathilde from England. It was a really interesting film. Now I want to find out more about Danish history. (Good job I have holiday so I have time to read!)




 We ended the evening back here at home with coffee. 




No comments: