Monday 25 June 2012

Summer has gone.....

Friday we woke up to rain. It rained all day and felt very much like Autumn. While I was at work I planned our evening as a family. I decided that we would rent a good film, curl up on the sofa with our duvets, light some candles and eat some junk food. (I was hoping the rest of the family would like this idea too!)  I could hardly wait to get home from work. I left work and dropped by the supermarket on the way home to do some food shopping, I was still sooo looking forward to the evening ahead. However, when I came out of the supermarket the gray clouds had disappeared, there were blue skies and sunshine and I was just soooo disappointed. The weather had turned lovely and all my plans for a lovely cosy evening by candle light were gone. The atmosphere was just not there anymore!

Since Friday evening turned out gorgeous we decided we would head out again as a family. So we went to explore some of the towns close by. We had a lovely evening together - Andrew, Leah, Kristian and me. (Sara, as usual was not home!) We drove out to another lake - the views were wonderful. Unfortunately we have no photos of the evening.:-( (I can´t find my camera! It is somewhere in this house, I just don´t know where!! Maybe it´s time to clear up a bit!)

Saturday morning was spent cleaning and the afternoon spent preparing Sunday School. Then at 4.30pm my friend Anne came by. We girls were having a girly night out. We headed to Copenhagen. We usually eat locally (we like to support our local cafe)  but Saturday evening we had tickets for a cinema in Copenhagen so dinner had to also be in Copenhagen.




We had a delicious meal at a Turkish/Greek restaurant. We talked non-stop for 4½ hours and we didn´t even realise the time going by. There were soooo many things we didn´t get to talk about. Suddenly it was 9.15pm and we had to be at the cinema for 9.30pm. We were going to see Westlife´s farewell concert which was being transmitted LIVE to cinemas around Europe from Croke Park in Dublin. I was sooo excited. I have loved Westlife from the start so I was totally on a high to be going to see them live. It was a brilliant concert and what a great idea to show it LIVE. It was really special seeing it on a huge screen and I sung my wee heart out, waved my arms about like a nutter and a few times was up dancing and clapping! Now I can´t wait for the DVD to come out. 

A quick question...

Do I eat too fast or does Anne just talk a lot??? (Answer: Anne talks A LOT!!!! hihi)

So we got home at 1am and we were feeling it! We could hardly keep our eyes open. Not as young as we like to think that we are! We had had a great evening out. (Thanks Anne)

After church on Sunday we spent the rest of the day just relaxing. Just what I needed.

Now a busy week has begun again. A lot is happening this week, but more about that at a later date.

Now I need to get to bed. 

No comments: