Wednesday 13 June 2012

A Grass Widow

Kristian is away for the week and so I am, what the Danes call, a grass widow!

Kristian is living out one of his dreams! He unexpectantly got the opportunity to go to LeMans and be an official at the race! The trip itself would be paid for, he would just have to buy some food for himself. He has always dreamed of going to Le Mans and to get to be an official, that is just an extra bonus.  He is together with 6 other guys that he knows from his go-kart world. They left early Monday morning, 7 guys in two cars and they all arrived safely at Le Mans Tuesday morning. 

 He is just loving this. Last night he walked the 13km track, it took him 3 hours! I think the only thing he probably won´t be loving about this trip, is having to sleep in a tent at the racing grounds. There is no luxury there, everything is very simple and basis! Ah well the things you do for the love of racing!



Meanwhile I am at home holding the fort. Yesterday (Tuesday) I was visiting my old lady friend. Then from there I went off to play Granny. It was Jette and Filip´s wedding anniversary and so I was looking after their two kids so they could go on a date. I had a blast! They are just so funny, lovable, talkative and cute. I had such a great evening with them.


I have also had the opportunity to sit out on our balcony. The weather has been lovely and I have actually had some time to sit and relax out there. I organised the balcony a few weeks back but haven´t had the opportunity to use it. Either the weather was bad or I was too busy to sit and relax out there. So I have really enjoyed having some time to hang out there with one of my books! I can´t believe my plants are still alive, I think that must be a record!! 

 Shadow just loves the balcony with all its plants and flowers.






1 comment:

Charlene said...

I'm sure Kristian had a ball Laura!
The balcony looks beautiful you really have made the most of it. The weather here has been awful - rain, rain and even more rain!