Wednesday 7 November 2012

Best antiques

I got a plaque for my kitchen which I just love. It says...."The best antiques are old friends"  

Well one of those rare, wonderful  antiques was here today. My friend Rhona. It was so great to hang out with her again. It has been so long since our last tea and strawberry cake date.  Now the strawberry cake season is over, so Rhona came by with a wonderful fresh cream bun for me and a whole chocolate cake for her!! (well, not totally true! The chocolate cake was for the whole family.)  My hubby was very happy to see it when he came home from work. Rhona had only had a little tiny slice!

The afternoon went by so fast! She got a tour of the place and then we sat and drank tea, ate cake and talked and talked and talked! The time went by too fast and before we knew it, it was nearly 6pm! I still feel like we didn´t get to talk about half the things! Another date is scheduled for December which really isn´t that far away!! Yikes that is scary!

Yesterday I was off to visit my old lady friend. She is in hospital so I spent last night up with her. Hopefully she will be getting home on Friday. 

Andrew has been driving none stop since he got his test. Tuesday evening he and Kristian went for a drive while I was at the hospital. We all arrived home at 9pm. Leah was out babysitting and at 9.30pm  she rang to say she needed picked up. I did not feel like going out again! Andrew got the job of going to get his little sister, and there was no objections at all! I really like having this extra driver in the house! 

Today he drove to work. He works 1 day a week at my school doing cleaning. Then he went and picked up his friend Thomas and drove to Copenhagen so they could buy something for his friends computer. He is loving his new freedom! Not so sure my purse is loving all the petrol he is using! haha

No comments: