Monday 5 November 2012

He did it.....

He passed his test!!

Andrew was doing his test today for the 2nd time and I was a nervous wreck. His test time was 9.25am and from 8am I had butterflies in my stomach. His friend failed his test a few days ago  and it was because of something minor so Andrew was sure he was not going to pass this time either. Last night going to bed he was a nervous wreck and Kristian said that when he was leaving this morning he was also a nervous wreck. (Kristian and I suffered along with him!)

So at 9.57am this morning my phone gave a little bleep to let me know I had a text. The text was from Andrew and it said "dumpede" which is Danish for "failed". My heart sank. I was so disappointed for him. Now he would have to do the test again and give out another 150 pounds!! 

Then at 9.58am (about 30 seconds after the first text)  I got another text which said "ikke" which is Danish for "not". That´s when it went up for me what he had wrote.... "Dumpede - ikke" = "Failed - NOT!"  In other words, he had passed! Wow I was a happy mother!

So as soon as I came home from work he took the car to go to school to collect his friend. He drove his friend home. Then it was home to pick up me,so we could go and pick up Leah from her friends. We had decided to go out and celebrate his victory with a McDonalds! (Kristian was at a go-kart meeting so he wasn´t able to join us.) Andrew drove us all around the place. I think I am going to like having another taxi driver in the house!

No comments: